• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Flash uninstall nag screen?

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of devices that can only be programmed through a flash interface in Internet Explorer.

These devices are no longer supported by the manufacturer and will never be updated to a flash-free version, but they perform important functions.

Therefore unless Adobe replaces these devices for me with flash free equivelants I'm going to keep using Flash.

My question, is there any way to disable the annoying nag screen that keeps popping up to tell me that I should uninstall flash?

Uninstalling flash simply isn't an option right now, and if it's ever forcefully unintalled I'm going to reinstall it. Even if this means using a Windows XP machine and a version of Flash off of a magazine cover CD that's firewalled off.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

The final versions of Flash Player include a kill switch. Reinstalling the latest won't make that go away. Just mentioning it, you need to work hard to keep this going. Also, if you have Windows 8 or 10, Microsoft will uninstall Flash too. (Not relevant in your case if you stay on XP).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

The Flash Player plugins were always FREE.  Thus you never paid a cent for them.  Like it or not, now that browser support for plugins is gone and Flash Player is never coming back, you need alternative workflows that don't rely on Flash technology.

Adobe's partner, Harman, has commercial solutions for enterprise customers that need help transitioning their Flash content to other supported technologies.  It's a better option than the risks associated with using outdated plugins from untrusted

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The final versions of Flash Player include a kill switch. Reinstalling the latest won't make that go away. Just mentioning it, you need to work hard to keep this going. Also, if you have Windows 8 or 10, Microsoft will uninstall Flash too. (Not relevant in your case if you stay on XP).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

So how do I block the kill switch, is there a registry change or something that needs to be made, or a comand server that I can firewall out?

If not, how early a version of flash do I need to go back to in order not to have a kill switch.

I have multiple devices that can only be programmed with a flash interface, so not having flash isn't an option without replacing all of these devices.

Is there an open source alternative. Or a way to trick the kill switch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The kill switch is built in and cannot be disabled as far as I know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know which versions it's in, how old do I need ot go to find a version without it?

Surely this can't be legal. I didn't concent to this in an EULA as far as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Player plugins were always FREE.  Thus you never paid a cent for them.  Like it or not, now that browser support for plugins is gone and Flash Player is never coming back, you need alternative workflows that don't rely on Flash technology.

Adobe's partner, Harman, has commercial solutions for enterprise customers that need help transitioning their Flash content to other supported technologies.  It's a better option than the risks associated with using outdated plugins from untrusted websites.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want ot transition. I want to preserve what I have.

My problem is hardware, not software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obsolescence is a b*tch sometimes.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please DO NOT mark this as the correct answer, it doesn't answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer marked correct may not answer the question, but it's the closest to correct there is.  There is no legitimate way to disable the uninstall prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best answer was from Test Screen Name

Which was that I need to use a legacy version on a legacy OS that doesn't have the kill switch installed.

That is provides the closest thing to an actual solution. Please unmark the other one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines