Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

distribution license

Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm a small IT consultant that provides support to different offices. I would like to control the installation of software on the computers (ie all the same version and to try keep the end users from running software installs). I have setup a WSUS server for distributing windows updates and installed the WSUS Package Publisher for deploying other software updates. I previously had it working with the flash player updates using the scup url which no longer works. I realize that you need to apply for a distribution license but I need to understand how it will apply to me. Its not mandatory that I use it this way but it does help from an IT admin point of view. Does each office need to apply for a license? Is this something that I should even pursue? I didn't see any reference for IT admins distributing to the end users in an office type setting. Thanks so much for clearing this up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robm92114526 ,

I will forward your query to the licensing team and reply to this post when I hear back from them.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria, I still have not heard a response for this. What is the time frame to expect an answer? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robm92114526

I'll follow-up with the licensing team again.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the time frame to expect an answer?

[Moderator note: link removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI seheng17029764

Most requests are approved fairly quickly.  Guidance is 2-3 business days.  If you do not receive the email after that time frame, private message me the email address/Adobe ID used to request the distribution license and I'll follow-up with the licensing team.  To send a private message click on my user name link then click on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, include a link to this discussion topic.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI robm92114526 ,

The licensing team resent the email yesterday, 25-Jan.  Please confirm if you did, or did not, receive the email.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robm92114526

I misread the information the licensing team sent me.  Can you please private message me the email address you used to apply for the distribution license?  To send a private message, click on my user name link then on the 'Message' button link.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

I too am waiting on a response from the Licensing team -  is there someone we can call to get answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please private message me the email id you used for license application.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attempted to PM you but for some reason it does not appear to be working for me.  ridhijain​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KMBIT

We have been experiencing intermittent issues with the PM system in the Jive software we use for the forums.  I have sent you a private message regarding the distribution license request.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i have been submitted few times for license. PM with m_vargas...

Still no license and no messages from Adobe.

Can someone help me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please private message me the email id you used for license application. I will forward the same to the licensing team.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi KRZYSZTOF LORENC

I have replied to your private message. Please check your PM for my reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines