• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DO NOT try to update Flashplayer for Gameroom!

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10/26/18  I spent hours yesterday attempting to update Flash-Player but Adobe wouldn't let me, so I uninstalled it and then my computer couldn't find it to re-install (unusual). This was all because every game I usually play on Gameroom messaged that I needed to update Flash Player! Finally a Microsoft tech took control of my computer and downloaded a fresh Flash Player for me. Today, the same thing happened. None of my games would play on gameroom so I tried to access them on Facebook directly and THEY ALL WORKED EVEN BETTER THAN THEY H BEEN WORKING ON GAMEROOM FOR MONTHS! I have an independent, downloaded version of Gameroom, so the issue is not caused by trying to operate FB and Gameroom simultaneously. I tried to message Gameroom that they need to stop sending the update message but can't find a real support site for them. Be aware and don't get into the mess I was in yesterday. I was so frustrated I was crying because I thought I had really messed up my computer. Thank heavens for Microsoft support!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

The original issue reported 2 years ago is not relevant to the issue you're experiencing today, which is due to Flash Player's end-of-life at the end of 2020.

Please refer to:

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now having the same problem with Facebook Gameroom.  The only game I can play is Scrabble.  My system tells me that Flash Player is installed yet gameroom says I need version 12.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facebook Gameroom is based on the Chromium browser.  To verify if you have the appropriate plugin installed:

• Windows:
    • Launch Control Panel
    • Navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items
    • Look for Flash Player item
    • Double-click it to launch the Flash Player Settings Manager
  • Mac:
    • Launch System Preferences  > Flash Player

In the Flash Player Settings Manager, go to the Updates tab.  If PPAPI is listed with a version number, then the PPAPI plugin is installed

If the PPAPI plugin is not installed, go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Choose [You're OS] > FP 31 for Opera and Chromium (PPAPI)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly why I'm on here today.  It was all working well until yesterday!  Grrr.  Guess that means I'll have to turn off the computer and clean instead? 

Thanks for the information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent version of Flash Player was released on Oct 9, almost 3 weeks ago.  If it was working fine until a few days ago, when all of a sudden it stopped working it's possible there was an update to the Gameroom app.  Gameroom also relies on the .NET Microsoft framework, version 4.  If there was an update to that within the last couple of days, it's something else to look into.  I recommend reporting the issue to Facebook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should I DO I am having problems like you did with the games that use  adobe flash player also have  a computer that uses  windows 7 help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The original issue reported 2 years ago is not relevant to the issue you're experiencing today, which is due to Flash Player's end-of-life at the end of 2020.

Please refer to:

For background:

Adobe announced Flash Player's end-of-life in July 2017, three and a half years ago, giving content creators, programmers, developers and IT experts over 3 years to migrate their Flash content to a different technology. 

For reference:

Major browser vendors are deprecating Flash Player support.  For details specific to each vendor, please refer to:

Locking thread due to it's age and original topic is no longer relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines