• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe have an API for get the last version of Flash ?

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm currently working on security compliancy topic. In order to check that lastest Adobe Flash is installed within our corporate network, I need to know what is the current lastest version for Flash.

As wget from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions  doesn't seem to work, I'm wondering if Adobe has some kind of API in order to check the last version of a product.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have this file, which you can use in your scripts to find the latest versions available:

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/masterversion/masterversion.xml

If you get a chance, take a look at page 7 of our admin guide for additional information.

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/flashplayer/pdfs/flash_player_2...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris:

There is a problem with the link to the admin guide - even after fixing the break in the line.  Also, as well as determining if Flash Player is available, I need to determine if it is enabled.  Can you help?  I assume that the xml file is referred to after you use the userAgent to determine the browser version?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are commenting on an old post. To get the latest admin guide, please refer to Adobe Flash Player Administration Guide for Flash Player | Adobe Developer Connection page. To see if Flash Player is enabled, refer to Step 5 on Flash Player Help page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ridhijain:

Thanks for your response. While the admin guide shows me how to set

various options for my own installation of Flash, what I really need is an

API so that when I am serving Flash files, I as a developer can see whether

the person trying to access the movie has Flash on their machine, if so

what version is it and whether or not their Flash version is enabled.

Thanks,

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The recommended method of checking if Flash is installed is to use SWFObject, GitHub - swfobject/swfobject: An open source Javascript framework for detecting the Adobe Flash Play... .

Note that all major browser vendors disable Flash by default, forcing users to enable it, usually on a per-site basis. In Chrome 69, disables Flash whenever the browser is closed, so it no longer remembers a user's setting to enable Flash.

As we march towards Flash's EOL at the end of 2020, browsers will introduce more friction to the Flash landscape, in favor of HTML5, you may want to port your app from Flash to something like HTML5.

Here's some links that may be of assistance:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines