• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does closing a browser tab ends your live broadcast from your browser?

New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a paranoid question. But if I have been broadcasting a live stream (video chat) through a flash player from my browser (Mozilla), then I didn't click on the "end" the stream but closed the browser tab. Is it possible that my stream kept broadcasting? Or at least it kept broadcasting for some time, being delayed?

Or rather: if you can't see your flash player while chatting (like on omegle, for example), does it mean that other people can't see you either?

TOPICS
Browser , End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to be honest, I'm dying to know the backstory.

In a modern version of Firefox, on a modern operating system, the browser hosts a distinct Flash Player process, running it's own host container process, for each tab that you're running. 

When you close the tab, that should in turn close the host container, which should then close Flash Player.  So yeah, under nomal operating conditions, closing the tab should end your stream.

That said, for real peace of mind, buy a hardware webcam cover, and maybe one of those plugs that fits into your headphone jack that disables the microphone (or cut the plug off an old set of phone headphones that have a microphone on them).  They're cheap insurance against sunspots and other freak software problems.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines