• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Windows Updates manage Flash updates on Windows 10?

New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are prepping our new Windows 10 load in an enterprise environment.   I believe Flash is integrated and updated within Win10 and controlled by Windows updates.  Any ideas or online resources to confirm?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, this is true for Flash Player for IE/Edge only, as Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX Control in IE/Edge browser.  If you use other browsers (e.g. Firefox, Opera, etc) you will need to manage the deployment of Flash Player for those browsers, via distribution license (usually free for most use cases). Information on Flash Player distribution license is available at Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting a new update notice but simply cannot find what update to my flash player is required so it hasn't been done. I have Windows 10 and use Chrome and my browser. Can anyone help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For IE/Edge, Microsoft releases the Flash Player update via Windows Update

For Chrome, launch Chrome and go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download and install the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SO much for the link for Chrome. I've installed it and am hoping it works fine from now on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines