• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Doesn't Flash Player web-installer use system proxy settings?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Due to strict security rules our company uses common proxy, tracking activities even with HTTPS protocol (by replacing certificates).

Flash Player suggests to update the current version, opens update web-page and downloads the web-installer successfully, but when running it never succeeds to connect and download the required update data.

In general I just download the full installer of the previous version using the link for developers.

Is it possible to either provide full offline installer to the current version for everyone, or fix that annoying web-installer behavior?

Hiding links to full distributive looks quite strange. Especially taking into account that Flash is announced to be disabled by most browser vendors.

BTW, some restricted desktops in our office has limited list of applications allowed to visit Internet, so it's possible that web-installer cannot download anything in such cases.

BR,

Vlad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Your original post mentioned nothing about personal use and is framed in such a manner that it is very easy to infer that you were looking to distribute Flash Player within your organization. The reply was based on that assumption.

I don't understand why public e-mail addresses are prohibited.

Distribution licenses are for organizations to license Flash Player for distribution within their organization, thus a company/organization email is required, not a public email.  Companies tend not to use p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

MSI installers are available via the Flash Player distribution license.   If you don't have a distribution license, please go to Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe to submit a request for the distribution license.  Note that public email addresses (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc) are not allowed.  Please use your orgaization's/company email address to submit the request.  You'll then receive an email with the distribution agreement and the link to download the MSI installers.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually this workaround isn't an answer. I don't want to apply for 'distribution', I need normal setup for my personal installation, and I don't understand why public e-mail addresses are prohibited.

Not everyone in our company has rights to send/use company's e-mail addresses for interacting with 'outside' world, and it's a normal practice for novice and temproary employees in much other companies too.

Thanks for the answer anyway, it looks like I still have to use outdated version (hopefully, it will not require 'developers license' application for downloading).

It would be a nice day, when Flash isn't required for browsing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original post mentioned nothing about personal use and is framed in such a manner that it is very easy to infer that you were looking to distribute Flash Player within your organization. The reply was based on that assumption.

I don't understand why public e-mail addresses are prohibited.

Distribution licenses are for organizations to license Flash Player for distribution within their organization, thus a company/organization email is required, not a public email.  Companies tend not to use public email address for official business (most will have emails with their company name, e.g. @adobe.com, @microsoft.com, etc).

If the company has strict internet access rules, and is concerned with security, it would behoove the company to obtain a distribution license to distribute Flash Player within the company to ensure all systems, including the ones without internet access to have the latest Flash Player version installed.

I need normal setup for my personal installation

Again, your original post mentions nothing about personal use, only installation on company computers, which by definition is not personal use.

Offline installers, for personal use are posted at the bottom of the following pages:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original post mentioned that our company's security policy doesn't allow me to update Adobe Flash Player, because it cannot work with proxy automatically. It is for my personal use, I'm not involved in any distribution.

Why should I care about any distribution license at all?

It's a problem of web-installer - it doesn't work with our proxy. Full installer helps in such cases, as in case of much Microsoft distributives.

Neither of our IT is interested in helping with Flash Player installation - it's just for browser functionality, and their reason is that we can use web-sites without Flash Player.

Thanks for links!

They're what I actually needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad we were able to resolve the issue for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines