if i go here

Flash Player Help

and i try to check  all seem fine

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try deleting and reinstalling

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on Linux with a fedora with google chrome browser. I've had problems for a while, could only get it to work by disabling the sandbox but even that doesn't work now. Reinstalling does nothing.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not enough information here to really give you an answer.  The content provider built a large, complex application on top of ActionScript.  Flash Player is a language runtime.  We're interpreting the bytecode in the compiled application and doing the low-level stuff like allocating memory and drawing pixels (and with 3D content, we're largely just handing that off to the 3D graphics drivers).

We're not going to debug someone else's large complex application.  The game developers are best positioned to do that.  In the unlikely event that they find a language-level problem with the Flash runtime, they'll have a detailed technical analysis about a given API call that doesn't work.  That's the kind of problem that we can actually do something about.

That said, a couple observations:

• The state of 3D graphics on Linux is pretty fragmented.  Google Chrome and the PPAPI attempts to rationalize this into a usable API that we can target, but not all distros are created equally, and they all have their own perspectives and opinions.  You might have better luck using one of the super popular consumer distros (Mint, Ubuntu, Etc), but I didn't test this content for you.
  • I'm not actually clear what's happening in your screenshot.  That puzzle icon is Chrome's, not ours.  Flash Player hasn't gotten far enough to draw anything, so my guess is that Chrome blocked a request and stopped us.  I bet that there's useful information in the Chrome developer's console, but that would almost certainly be a problem that the game developer would need to deal with.  (My guess is that the game developers load a SWF that's a little shim, and that in turn loads a bunch of other stuff, and Chrome is not permitting one or more of those requests from being made due to some kind of misconfiguration on the server side.  The shim doesn't have any UI, which is why you're not seeing any kind of loading screen or black rectangle where the Flash content should be...)

• We tend to prioritize our engineering efforts around security first, and "doing the most good for the most people" second.  Linux as a whole (all distros) make up about 1% of our entire user base.  It's unlikely that we're going to undertake an extensive effort to improve 3D support on a given distro, and Google is basically done maintaining PPAPI, with Flash EOL happening at the end of 2020, and Chrome's agenda for blocking Flash completely happening much sooner than that.

Your best bet at this point is to talk to the game developer.  They're in the best position to debug the problem and understand why it's failing.  They can then either fix it (which seems the most likely outcome), or they can give us a very precise description of what's not working in Linux at the language level, which is really what we need.

Thanks!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines