Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Flashplayer WITHOUT downloading Adobe Stock

Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download Flashplayer, but it is also making me download Adobe Stock for a free 30 day trial in order to do so. I don't want to put my card details in, nor do I want to sign up for Adobe Stock - how do I download it without doing this?! I have seen similar questions from last year on this topic and no clear answer on how to proceed without this. I do not want to disable my ad blockers.

Someone please help!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share the link from where you are trying to download Flash Player. To download latest version of Flash Player go to Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions  page. There are some optional offers on the same page but none of the offers is mandatory.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This takes me to the same link as my worksite education did. The 3 step was that the 3rd step was to download Stock for a free 30 day trial and you have to give them your credit card information. Not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 3 step was that the 3rd step was to download Stock for a free 30 day trial and you have to give them your credit card information.

This is an optional offer that displays AFTER Flash Player has been installed.  If you're seeing this, Flash Player was installed.  Please provide the previously requested information (operating system and screenshot of the Flash Player Settings Manager Updates tab).

Also, please not that the various browser vendors disable Flash by default.  If you're not seeing Flash content, you most likely need to enable Flash in the browser. The tech note Flash Player Help contains links to instructions for enabling Flash on the various browsers.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi harrietg28234793

Adobe Stock is an optional offering that displays on the Flash Player installation completion page.  If you're seeing this, Flash Player is installed.  What operating system and browser is this on?  Please provide a screenshot of the Flash Player Settings Manager Updates tab:

• On Mac:  System Preferences > Flash Player > Updates tab
  • On Windows:  Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Flash Player > Updates tab

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked. It's not there because it won't download without my credit card information. There is not a 'no thanks' dropdown box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria: you say it is an optional offer that displays after Flash is downloaded.  I have found that is not the case.  it still requires user to put credit card and address in before one may continue.  Not something I am willing to do at This time, for even if I cancel trial before any billing, my cc information is still on file.

Adobe is scamming for more user information to sell, as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It IS optional. It is an extra offer, and you can just ignore it. Flash is ALREADY installed, so you can just stop.

I don't like the way it is arranged, but it is definitely not compulsory. Adobe isn't looking for info to sell, it's looking to get people to sign up for this service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Maria: you say it is an optional offer that displays after Flash is downloaded.  I have found that is not the case.  it still requires user to put credit card and address in before one may continue.

This is false.  After Flash Player is installed, the default browser auto-launches to the completion page which contains these optional offers.

Do note that all major browses block Flash Player by default, which to the unsuspecting user, makes it seem Flash Player installation didn't succeed.  If an error isn't returned during installation, then Flash Player installation succeeded.

For instructions to allow/unblock Flash for the various browsers, see https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click on the link corresponding to the browser in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines