• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

downloaded flash player, why doesn't work?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Windows 7 64 bit home premium, I downloaded from Adobe the latest version of Flash Player 31 PPAPI, and installed.

In Chrome: settings are enabled.

In Chrome//components page ,  There is Version: 31.0.0.108 status: not updated

I tried many times (deleting and downloading...) but Flash doesn't work: I can't start running file.swf

Anything happens!

Please help me thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to empty your browser cache and reboot your computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did many times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried many times (deleting and downloading...) but Flash doesn't work: I can't start running file.swf

Chrome does not load raw SWF files.  It only loads SWF files wrapped in HTML.  To view a raw SWF file, download the Flash Player projector/standalone player posted at Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads

Additionally:

• Chrome embeds Flash Player, there is no need to install it separately.
  • Version 31.0.0.108 is currently the most recent version, therefore Chrome's component updater is not updating it (because there is nothing to update).
  • See Google's help document Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help for assistance with enabling Flash in Chrome.
  • As of Chrome 69, Chrome does not store a users' Flash Player allow/block settings once the browser is closed.  User's must make these selections every time they open Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria thanks, I had already done your additional suggestions.

About Flash Debug download, I did 2/3 times, every time deleting, cleaning and so on...

The .exe start and that's fine but when I try to open the file.swf the message is like: do you want the program modifie something in your pc? YES is the answer............. and nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but when I try to open the file.swf the message is like: do you want the program modifie something in your pc? YES is the answer............. and nothing happens

This sounds like it's the content itself, not the Flash Player projector, but it's difficult at best since the exact message isn't provided.  Posting a screenshot of the error message is always recommended, as it leaves no ambiguity with the exact error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you can try to completely uninstall chrome and its preference, (backup your bookmarks), then reboot, reinstall chrome and see.

you can also install Opera and test if it works. If not, I suspect it's the websit content provider.

do you have tested other websites with flash embedded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes I tried with Internet explorer....nothing changed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-09-27 12.38.32.jpg

the exact message, anything special

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google Chrome is going to prefer it's built-in Flash Player unless the system PPAPI build is a higher version.  That includes the debugger.

You can use some commandline flags to specify which Flash Player you'd like Chrome to run (search Flash on the list below), but it's pretty annoying:

https://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/

Personally, I generally don't use the debugger in Chrome, because using anything besides the built-in Flash distribution is annoying.  I keep Chrome as-is and use it for web browsing, and I use Opera and/or Chromium for debugging Flash content on PPAPI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but I didn't understand how to use Chrome's built-in Flash.

I never changed anything, in Settings, Privacy... etc... Flash is set as ASK BEFORE.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but I didn't understand how to use Chrome's built-in Flash.

Chrome already includes Flash in the browser, there is no need to install it.

I never changed anything, in Settings, Privacy... etc... Flash is set as ASK BEFORE.

As I mentioned in my first reply to you, Google made changes iin Chrome 69 to how it handles Flash Player - it now forces users to allow Flash every time and when you close the browser (completely exit out of Chrome) it deletes your settings, so you need to allow Flash again the next time you launch Chrome.  This behaviour has nothing to do with Flash Player.  It is a browser implementation, owned by Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote in my first question, I can't open file.swf.

Nothing take me to the browser. Nothing happens when I try to open the file by clicking

so I can't do what you say  need to allow Flash again the next time you launch Chrome

And it's the same with Internet explorer

I guess we don't understand each other. Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the screenshot you posted, click Yes (Si).  This is a standard Windows security warning dialog window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines