Highlighted

Downloaded installer corruptedI

OSX version: 10.10.5  Mac Pro

Safari version: 10.0.3

Currently installed Flash player: 24.0.0.194

I've attempted to download and install the latest update multiple times.  Every single time it says the file is corrupted and should be ejected and does so without installing. 

What should I do?  Is it possible the file on the server is corrupted?  Is my setup somehow interfering?   There is no stored website data in safari or Flash in all the possible locations I could find to check and delete.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Downloaded installer corruptedI

OSX version: 10.10.5  Mac Pro

Safari version: 10.0.3

Currently installed Flash player: 24.0.0.194

I've attempted to download and install the latest update multiple times.  Every single time it says the file is corrupted and should be ejected and does so without installing. 

What should I do?  Is it possible the file on the server is corrupted?  Is my setup somehow interfering?   There is no stored website data in safari or Flash in all the possible locations I could find to check and delete.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: Downloaded installer corruptedI

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 21, 2017

I tried the current one, and the DMG mounted ok. It's the one here:

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thanks for the reply.  Tried that link and same result.  Attached screenshot of error.Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 12.39.57 PM.png

Any ideas on what's causing this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 21, 2017

Yes. I think that under Yosemite there was an oddness where if you had not given permission to download apps from places other than the App Store, a DMG might seem to be damaged.

Go into System Preferences, Security & Privacy, General, and allow it to download from anywhere.

Here's a picture: osx-yosemite-security-prefs.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi,

We've not heard any widespread reports on this, so it's possible it's something with/on your system.

• What are your settings in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allow apps to download from?
  • From where are you downloading the installer file? Adobe site, or elsewhere?
  • Verify the file is signed by Adobe:
    • Mount the DMG image
    • Launch Terminal
    • in terminal type: codesign -vvd <Path to Adobe Flash Player.app>
      • e.g. codesign -vvd codesign -vvd /Volumes/Adobe\ Flash\ Player\ Installer/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app
      • copy and paste the results
  • Verify the sha256 hash value of the file:
      • In Terminal: shasum -a 256 <path to>/AdobeFlashPlayer_24_ast_install.dmg

--

Maria

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thanks to both of you.

Will this change not make my computer more vulnerable?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Tried what you suggested and no change.  Still get the same error message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

correction:  Went back to make sure the Security & Privacy change had taken effect and it was still set to Mac App Store and identified developers.  Not sure why it didnt' take.  Got a bunch of warnings that my computer would initiate a nuclear explosion if I changed that setting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

It's resetting itself after I attempt to open the flash DMG.  Very strange.  So it would appear that is the issue.

How to fix if my computer won't allow me to turn off that setting?  It allows it but it just doesn't stick.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi JiJoBoJaJa ,

Please provide the information I previously requested (on Feb 21).

Thank you.

--

Maria

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hello Maria,

Thanks for your response.  Sorry I missed that.  The forums must've been collapsed.

• What are your settings in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allow apps to download from?

"Mac App Store and identified developers."  I tried changing this to "Anywhere" but it keeps automatically reverting back to "Mac App Store and identified developers" without me changing it back.

• From where are you downloading the installer file? Adobe site, or elsewhere?

get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/osx/ with https:// at the beginning.  Can't type that here without it turning to a link.

• Verify the file is signed by Adobe:
    • Mount the DMG image
    • Launch Terminal
    • in terminal type: codesign -vvd <Path to Adobe Flash Player.app>
      • e.g. codesign -vvd codesign -vvd /Volumes/Adobe\ Flash\ Player\ Installer/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app

codesign -vvd /Users/<user_name>/Downloads/AdobeFlashPlayer_25au_ast_install.dmg

/Users/<user_name>/Downloads/AdobeFlashPlayer_25au_ast_install.dmg: code object is not signed at all

Where <user_name> is my user name on my computer

• Verify the sha256 hash value of the file:
    • In Terminal: shasum -a 256 <path to>/AdobeFlashPlayer_24_ast_install.dmg

shasum -a 256 /Users/<user_name>/Downloads/AdobeFlashPlayer_25au_ast_install.dmg

2637a88481aea5f9709d8f7a7b0227421f5688ba92258f4b049d5f5e665c8900  /Users/<user_name>/Downloads/AdobeFlashPlayer_25au_ast_install.dmg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

The signature information is in the .app file, not the DMG.  Please read through my instructions again, mount the DMG, and then obtain the signature information on the .app file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 28, 2017

There is a recent issue that shouldn't be showing on your system, but maybe the same solution will work:

Open the DMG.

Right-Click on Install Adobe Flash Player and choose Show Contents.

Open the folder Contents, then MacOS.

Double-click on the file Adobe Flash Player Install Manager.

In later systems those steps are a way around the apparent installer corruption. It may not be what will fix it for you, but may as well try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Sorry m_vargas I guess I don't know what it means to mount the DMG.  I assumed it meant double click the dmg which is what I did then got info on the app and copy pasted the location.  I can't double click "Install Adobe Flash Player.app" because it gives me the attached error.  Was the source of the original problem.  So I can only assume I'm not understanding the steps because I don't know what I'm doing.  Will stab around and re-read your directions another half dozen times in the hopes I can intuit what you mean.  I do appreciate the help I just have absolutely no clue what I'm doing here.  Problems are so rare on my Mac that I've got very little knowledge of how things work.

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 12.34.26 AM.png

Colin Holgate thanks for your reply.  I gave your suggestion a try.  I receive the same error as above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

OOOOHHHHH, wait a minute, do you mean the already installed Flash Player app?  Not the one I'm having trouble installing?    Just occurred to me that might be what you're talking about.  You didn't specifically say that and since context was about the installer I thought it was the app in that installer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines