Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading Flash stopped by pop-up re 'new helper tool'

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to download Flash to Safari 12, but I keep getting blocked by a pop-up which 'is trying to download a new helper tool. Asks for my name, and gives my first name, and a password. Tried my computer password, my adobe password and my apple password. Nothing works.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Make sure you get Flash only from http://get.adobe.com/flash because the internet is under attack from fake copies of Flash. If not sure, do not continue!

2. If you are absolutely sure it is the real Flash, it will (like all other software installs) be wanting your Mac's administrator password as chosen when you switched it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now takes me to something about enabling for Safari! Directs me to an advice page about going to Safari preferences, but when I do there's no plug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
but I keep getting blocked by a pop-up which 'is trying to download a new helper tool. Asks for my name, and gives my first name, and a password.

The 'helper tool' is terminology used by Apple and cannot be modified.  The terminology was changed several years ago when the installer was updated to use newer Apple API (application program interface).

This is the system OS prompting for the password, as such, it would be the user id and password you use to log into your system.  See What userid & password do I need to install Flash Player? for assistance.

Now takes me to something about enabling for Safari! Directs me to an advice page about going to Safari preferences, but when I do there's no plug

All major browser vendors block flash by default, forcing user's to enable it.  If Flash is not displayed, it indicates Flash Player NPAPI (for Firefox/Safari) is not installed.  Please ensure you have installed the correct plugin.  Using any browser:

1. go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions
  2. in step 1 select your operating system: Mac OS X 10.10 - 10.14
  3. in step 2, select FP 32 Mac for Safari and Firefox - NPAPI
  4. click the yellow Download now button to save the installer file to your system
  5. after the file downloads, exit out of the browser (exit, don't just close the browser window)
  6. locate the saved file and proceed to install Flash

Note: Adobe's North American offices are closed through January 1, 2019.  Replies from staff members will be delayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines