• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading SFW Files

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, really not educated in this field, so sorry if this is a dumb question! I've a small archive of weblinks that direct to pages containing flash animations/games. I have those currently saved as SFW files. I downloaded the Flash Player (as well as a the debugger), and am able to view/interact with these files through those applications. My main concern is, despite having all of this downloaded directly onto my computer, will I still be able to archive/utilize these files after the elimination of Flash?

Apologies if this is a redundent or lousy question, I just am trying to be certain in regards to the current situation.

Thanks in advance! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Just to add, even if you downloaded SWFs, there may be other content/data files on the website that are linked o the SWFs to make them play. So, even if you have an offline Flash Player, the SWFs may not work.

The best thing to do is to find alternates to the Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can expect that Flash Player, and the debugger, will shut down in a couple of weeks, whether you download the files or not... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Player plugin will be disabled (if not already) by your browsers and operating system.  For all intents and purposes, Flash games from the Internet are dead.

See Adobe Employee's correct answer below on setting up a virtual machine.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/gathering-a-backup-set-to-play-flash-games-in-the-future...

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, even if you downloaded SWFs, there may be other content/data files on the website that are linked o the SWFs to make them play. So, even if you have an offline Flash Player, the SWFs may not work.

The best thing to do is to find alternates to the Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please look at the link below.

If you load the swf / flash file in firefox or waterfox you and right click, select inspect element, at the top of what pops up should be a bar with lots of words, select network, sort by type, find your swf file no matter what strange name it was given, right click and save it.

Alternatively the easier way is after the swf file is loaded you could right click somewhere, hit page info, wait for the popup to load, select media, sort by type, and save your swf file again. Be sure to check it in a working player.

If you cant load the swf file tell the site about ruffle.rs so they can keep playing swfs.

Check out the link please. https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/psa-playing-flash-after-2020/td-p/11716613

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines