Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge browser crashes and reloads after allowing Flash Player

New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having issues with Edge browser and Flash Player on several computers running Windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.475

For example, I'm using this following page to test the plugin, but these computers mentioned above, Edge browser crashes and reloads automatically after allowing flash player to run. It works fine on Chrome and Internet Explorer. The problem is only with Edge.

Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)

I made some tests rebooting Windows in test mode, and the problem disappeared. However, when I started windows in normal mode, the problem returned.

Then, I executed an App Repair on Microsoft Edge App, with no results, so later, I executed an App Reset, but it didn't work either.

Finally, I executed a System File Check using these commands, but it didn't find any trouble on the file system, so it didn't work either.

1. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
  2. sfc /scannow

I also tried checking new windows updates, but nothing.

However, other computers running version 1803 don't present this behavior. All browsers can execute flash player without any problem.

Would you help me to solve this issue, please?

Thanks & Regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that it's going to be self-inflicted.  This tends to be something along the lines of a custom set of Group Policy Objects that restrict permissions on Flash or the browser in unexpected ways, or some security software or something that's killing off processes or otherwise interfering.

If I had a minidump, I could look at the stack trace and maybe understand why it's crashing, but all I can really do is guess with the available information.

Report a Flash Player crash or error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines