• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge on Windows 10 issues

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 10 and use Edge, my adobe is enabled per the directions on their site since it is integrated into Edge. I have updated it as well, but when I go to a flash based site I am getting prompted to download adobe 11.4 or higher. What is going on? Any ideas? I am beginning to get frustrated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft does not allow external installs into Edge or Internet Explorer

If you want the latest Flash Player, you will have to use a non-Microsoft browser

Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find help for the Edge browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I have not used a PC for a long while. this is the first non-apple I have had in several years so I was unaware of that. Thank you! I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apparently I am not the only one with this problem for over a year..basically since 10 came out...I was reading through their forum since I got errors when I tried to update from their site that said stand-alone update is not valid for me...it is a HUGE problem with Edge from all the complaints in their forum. The answers were all the same..go enable it..but when t is already enabled and cant update it..then your stuck..so as much as I love the Edge browser I guess for flash based stuff I will have to try another one... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Microsoft disables Flash by default on Edge and forces users to enable it per site.  This also means content developers must code their site to handle this behaviour on Edge, which many don't.  Usually, if there is a link to click on to download Flash Player, Edge will intercept the click and display the 'Enable Flash Player' dialog window.  For further assistance see Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge​.  If you continue to experience issues viewing Flash content after working through the troubleshooting guide, I recommend either contacting Microsoft for assistance and/or the site owner as they may not have their site properly coded to handle Edge's behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines