• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ENOUGH for "flash 2020" already

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just let people use flash player already, ENOUGH for chrome and firefox ending flash support in dec 31. 2020, ENOUGH for killing flash in the end of 2020, internet cafe and computer lab (include students) cares about flash so they can do whatever they want. Alot of popular youtubers like pewdiepie (who plays happy wheels in 2019 to stop t-series), markiplier, mattshea, and other small lets players plays flash games.

Now what did nick.com and original club penguin do, they shutdown because of adobe announcement and i know that HTML5 games will be future of web games but i find it UGLY for example vehicles series (play2max version) on coolmathgames.com they KILLED the original game by vogd, and alot of web games that looks like crappy mobile games (Not the good version, the bad version)

I mad at you adobe you ruin the entire internet and other artist or should called you "ADOBO"

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Don't worry, nothing is impossible in digital world. like before when open source project like gnash, today lightspark can easily replace Flash player so you can imagine that among millions users/developers some will find a way to continue to enjoy good Flash apps/games

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's much to be cross about, but it seems to me it was the browser makers who agreed to close down Flash. Each one has the power to do this. Not just Chrome and Flash, but Microsoft (IE and Edge) and Apple (Safari) too. Adobe are left to say "if it's blocked in all the browsers, we may as well close it down".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is flash in chrome (built-in browser) to stay and not edge, safari, firefox? cause if chrome removed flash support in dec 31. 2020, alot of chrome user and other people will not install google chrome anymore if this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to worry about Google, Chrome will be OK. Google have said they will remove it from Chome. Firefox have said they will remove it. Microsoft have said it will be removed from IE and Edge. Apple have said it will be removed from Safari. They all agreed together.  There will be nowhere else to go for Flash. I don't say it's good, but I say it's not something Adobe can stop. They are out of it now.

People with commercial web sites will have to convert or die. A lot of older games will die, but I don't think Google even care. It might upset pewdiepie, and I'm sure that would be a pity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a sec, is flash removed from chrome in the end of 2020? Because it already as a built-in browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Flash is going from EVERYWHERE. I have no idea what you mean "built in browser" unless it's this.... It uses Adobe's Flash Player, but like Microsoft it had bundled it with with the browser. It will stop doing that, and it will not use Adobe's Flash Player if you install it separately. Gone. Everywhere. 

Is someone out there on the internet claiming Chrome will be immune? Because that will not only cause disappointment, it could stop game developers from bothering to make replacement games without Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay, how about ben latimore aka "bluemaxima" (creators of archiving old web games client called "flashpoint") will he ever work on google to replace flash? or will he ever make a Web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, nothing is impossible in digital world. like before when open source project like gnash, today lightspark can easily replace Flash player so you can imagine that among millions users/developers some will find a way to continue to enjoy good Flash apps/games

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah okay, i really hope that open-source flash can easily support right-click option and tab key (important for easter eggs) and i HOPE that they can still support all browser except chrome (im a chrome user cause i got bored on firefox).

I feel bad alot of people in this world, that they can't see alot of beautiful things on the internet anymore or they cannot see what internet looks like in 2000s/90s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thank you robert for telling me the replacement of flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, but the examples I gave to you is indicative, I mean I guess there will be other ways that the developer community will solve the after Flash as a browser plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very sorry to be piggybacking on this post, but I don't see any post that's close to my problem and Adobe will not let me do anything more than reply to an existing post. (I can only search the forums, not post an original message. Support here was useless in trying to get help for this problem.) Mods: can you please make this an original post because this forum won't let me do it? Thanks.

I keep getting a reminder from Adobe to install the Flash update. I installed this one sometime in 2018 and have installed it several times since. It's the same stupid version that it wants to me to keep updating. Well, installing it is futile, as all I get thereafter are reminders to install it and when I try to download, it's the same same same file, which is flashplayer32au_ha_install.exe.

I imagine after many months of this crapola, we're well beyond version 32.

So please tell me what to do with this, before I give up and turn off updates entirely. And I have my updates to notify me, because I don't want it to install without my permission. I know turning off updates isn't considered kosher, but if it's not installing anyway, updates are completely useless.

Thank you in advance and sorry to OP for my having to reply to your message with nothing for you. I chose your message because at least it was answered and I wouldn't be confusing anyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Robert,

Thank you very much. No, it's not malware. It's from Adobe. As for hijacking, I had requested my message be moved when moderated, but the mod just approved it without moving. I am unable to post an original message, only replies. There's some kind of malfunction in the forum for me, I guess. I asked Adobe in chat, but they said they were billing and could do nothing.

This is the page on Adobe's site that I get when I choose to install the update:

https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/plugin/

You can see it's not a malware site. It's from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you certainly have a computer problem, it's not Adobe fault though. Just remove any Flash from your computer, uninstall all browsers too, reboot and reinstall everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Robert,

Thank you. Meh, more trouble than it's worth. I'll just turn off the updates. I'm not going to waste my time uninstalling things and reinstating them for flash only. If other programs were affected by this it would be another story, but flash is of such limited use to me personally, the latest version will have to suffice. Everything still works, so I don't really care if it ever updates again or not.

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, but keep it mind that hide the symptom and not treat the root of the disease will never heal it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I would've branched your post to a new discussion topic, but since there are so many replies after yours (some not related to your issue), I don't know if all of those replies will branch as well, as such, i'll reply here.  Once your issue is resolved I'll close this discussion topic.

(I can only search the forums, not post an original message. Support here was useless in trying to get help for this problem.)

New Flash Player discussions can be started from the Using Flash Player  or Installing Flash Player by clicking the Click here to start a new discussion link, which is about 1/3 of the way down the page.

Clicking this link starts a new discussion topic

I keep getting a reminder from Adobe to install the Flash update. I installed this one sometime in 2018 and have installed it several times since.

There are different Flash Player plugins for different browsers.  It's quite possible you've installed it for one browser and the prompt you're getting is for a different browser.  Please do the following:

1. Launch Control Panel
  2. Navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items
  3. Click on Flash Player to launch the Flash Player Settings Manager
  4. After the Flash Player Settings Manager launches, go to the Updates tab
  5. Post a screenshot of the updates tab

flashplayer32au_ha_install.exe

This is a valid Flash Player update file name.  It's the ActiveX Control online/shim installer for a notification update scenario, which is the update scenario you are describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since im not mad anymore or losing my mind, we can finally see old and new flash games/animation and even flash website (i don't think anyone would ever make a website in flash anymore but it just my opinion) in the future if replacement of flash player will come .

---DISCUSSION END---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of companies/businesses like in education market use Flash as complex app that is simply impossible to convert since functions don't exist in JS or there are no budget to hire developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but they have been given three years to get make clear the consequences to management or board, to be very clear that this will disappear (in some cases, closing down the business), and to get a serious budget, hire developers or consumtants etc. I don't say it's good that Flash is going away, but a 3 year warning is absolutely unprecedented in such cases. The world changes and companies often have to invest very large sums just to stay in business.

I don't buy the "function doesn't exist" as an argument to not convert, especially if the alternative is the company is closing down. It means the project is bigger, needing to revisit the original need and rearchitect the whole thing - this is why it may take years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't agree with you, as your comment concerns your own opinion, which is absolutely not the opinion of thousands of companies/buesiness that live different situations and case that you can even don't imagine.

As I'm saying since 3 years, you cannot force people to just stop to use a (good) technology for another (older) technology that is even not easier to use nor bigger performance (after my own long personal dev tests between JS and AS). As any kind of democracy users and developers must have the choice to use the technology of their choice, you like or not.

If even all browsers and Adobe decided to give up the plugin concept, that's because they all together found a compromise that is win win for everyone. So what does it mean? if (weirdly) google/mozilla don't need profit to continue to hire developers, Adobe is a for profit corporation which means that just abandon a tech like Flash without a better tech and lose their users/clients is just a non sense. So they are working on it for sure.

> I don't buy the "function doesn't exist"

ok so please tell me what javascript function is the equivalent of NetGroup class and multicast fusion/ip connection, so I would be happy to convert my complex network scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know we see the future differently Robert. I'm a glass half empty sort of person. I believe Adobe can and will do this, but you don't have to agree in that outlook.

For "function doesn't exist" it shows the need to rearchitect. No end user is going to say "I won't play this game because it doesn't use the multicast port". And they won't say "I'm not going to buy tyres from this online store because it doesn't use the Netgroup class". I'm talking about whether businesses survive, and there is a lot at stake. Tech details change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines