• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EOL Held Hostage

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Programs are always ending and upgrading. Why is it we are held hostage to constantly upgrade our equipment to use current programs? We pay good money for the right to use these programs.  Why is it you were given a copywrite and you can suddenly discontinue the product?  I mean if you are planing on replacing it or can offer an alternate, fine. But you are abandoning us and holding us hostage to keep up with both technology and programing. Personally at my age I am done. I don't care and I won't spend another penny. But now suddenly you say you can interrupt my experience that didn't work worth a CRAP and tell me you won't support it unless it conforms with the place you are at now in business. You just flushed me down the toilet. Yay.

[Edited by moderator for clarity & better recognition by robot translators.]

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much "good money" did you pay for Flash Player? What would you have purchased from Adobe than now you won't? Adobe decision makers like to know numbers of dollars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have this completely upside down. Nobody is being held hostage by Adobe.

1. This was not sudden.  Adobe gave everyone 3+ years advanced notice that Flash Player was ending on Dec 31st, 2020, giving website owners, programmers and IT experts more than ample lead time to create new content that doesn't rely on Flash.  If they chose not to do it, that's their cross to bear.   Below is the announcement from 2017.

https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2017/07/25/adobe-flash-update.html#gs.swcxqr

2. For more than 15 years, Flash Player was a free browser plugin.  The only money spent on Flash was Adobe's for ongoing development and security updates.  Later, when browser vendors ended support for plugins, Flash Player's fate was sealed with that of other plugins like Java, Silverlight, QuickTime, RealPlayer, Shockwave and others.  BTW, nobody misses those plugins anymore.

4. Modern browsers will not allow you to install Flash Player for security reasons. 

If you try to defy the restrictions and run unsupported Flash Player anyway, you put yourself and your computer at potential risk of malicious attack from cybercriminals and hackers. For obvious reasons, this is NOT recommended.

5.  But if you absolutely cannot live without Flash Player and have a sizable budget to work with for 3rd party solutions, see link below.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

Goodbye and good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You all reply very eloquently and with amazing intellect.

But you all missed the point.

I have been trying to keep up with technology since my brother Brought home a 286 HP.

I taught myself to play crib on it by turning on the printer. YAY

The machine had a green screen and Keyboard and 2 Floppy drives, and plugged in to the wall.

It weighed more than a case of beer. and my brother being handicapped couldn't lift it.

I not just talking Financial but Brain cells something you all have lots to spend. I don't!

For me to get my first computer I had to weight till windows 95 came out then I bought a used windows 3.1.

When windows XP came out I bought windows 95. Are you getting the picture here?

Education is coming to us at a cost. most don't see it or care. Currently I am using windows Vista.

I think I am out of date. But my expensive graphics programs work fine for what I do. I have even found that using Opera,

I can do a lot but Flash has been a problem along with Java and all video playback.

So my experience is being held hostage until I can afford to Upgrade. But maybe I should just wait till everything is Android.

I will never buy into anything that is 365. there is no Value what so ever. Adobe is a very difficult suite to learn with out years of school. We all know this. Keeping our computers up to date and working effectively is a chore to say the least.

Its just another level of things forcing me to follow along and spend money. Adobe, Windows, Mac, and even our DVD and TV are being manipulated by the demand for replacement. regardless if it has worn out or quit working. Its all Financial. I now have a pinched nerve in my neck from trying to keep up and learn, despite dyslexia. Its my turn to complain. Why is it we have let these big companies get Copy writes and protection when they are constantly changing and never protecting our privacy. The say they are but we are still hacked or taken advantage of because of our lack of understanding. It's Life yes but Lets just stop buying everything at what ever they pretend is fair. Its like an charge against kids ability to learn. if their parents can't keep them up to date they make do with Old information. How far out of date should kids in school be? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines