• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1722 during install version 27.0.0.183 NPAPI

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NewCustomAction1, location: C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Temp\{9EA59C80-8DB7-4D85-9201-FED4CF6B81F5}\InstallPlugin_27_0_0_183.exe, command: -install -msi -prev 27.0.0.183

How can i fix this?

Thanks!

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

I cleaned up all temp spaces (lazy way using cccleaner) tried again and this time the install (upgrade) ran smooth

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with both active x and NPAPI. I had on older version of active x (27.0.0.130) downloaded which installs fine.

Is there any way of downloading older versions from somewhere until this is resolved?

Thanks

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@frfr177  and adamk90915998

Error 1722 is a generic MSI error and doesn't relay the true error.  To troubleshoot, I'll need to get the FlashInstall log(s) and a MSI log file with verbose logging enabled (v+x options enabled).

The FlashInstall log file(s) are available at:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log (both files are required from a 64-bit OS.

Run the MSI installer again with the v+x options enabled to create the verbose log file.  Upload the FlashInstall and MSI log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.   Also provide the following information:

• How are you deploying the MSI (SCCM, GPO, something else).
    • Is this an upgrade from a previous version?  If so, do you first uninstall the previous version, or just run the MSI for the new version?
  • Windows version of client system returning the error.
  • Is this happening to all client machines, or a subset of client machines?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I have uploaded the files Shared Files - Acrobat.com

I am currently deploying via an SCCM application to Windows 7 x86 clients and tried via an upgrade and fresh install.

We are having the issue at two different sites on different networks on all clients.

Thanks,

Adam,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adamk90915998

According to the FlashInstall log file, installation is failing due to an invalid argument being passed.  I'm also seeing reference to a .mst file in the verbose MSI log file.  Are you using a Transform file?  If so, what exactly are you modifying?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had tried to install with an mst however to test we have removed the mst. I have tested on a clean machine with the same msi and receive the same error. I have noticed the error in the log file:

Property(C): ISSCRIPT_VERSION_MISSING = The InstallScript engine is missing from this machine.  If available, please run ISScript.msi, or contact your support personnel for further assistance.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide new FlashInstall and corresponding verbose MSI log files without the transform file?

We're not receiving widespread issues with the MSI file, which has been available since mid-October, so this appears to be isolated event.

Are you running the standalone uninstaller, to uninstall previous version first?  If not, can you try that (after generating log files without the transform file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know how to upload files. The related section from, the log:

Action start 08:38:10: ISSetAllUsers.

InstallShield 08:38:10: Begin SetAllUsers()

InstallShield 08:38:10: Getting records from Upgrade table

InstallShield 08:38:10: UpgradeCode: {D85A1A59-DC52-4D13-9445-EF3F379D4DB5}    MinVersion: 6.0.47.0    MaxVersion: 27.0.0.183    Language:     Attributes: 769

InstallShield 08:38:10: No related products for UpgradeCode {D85A1A59-DC52-4D13-9445-EF3F379D4DB5} found

InstallShield 08:38:10: End SetAllUsers()

Action ended 08:38:10: ISSetAllUsers. Return value 1.

Action ended 08:38:11: PublishProduct. Return value 1.

Action start 08:38:11: InstallFinalize.

CustomAction NewCustomAction1 returned actual error code 1041 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

MSI (s) (38:60) [08:38:12:879]: Product: Adobe Flash Player 27 NPAPI -- Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NewCustomAction1, location: C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Temp\{9EA59C80-8DB7-4D85-9201-FED4CF6B81F5}\InstallPlugin_27_0_0_183.exe, command: -install -msi -prev 27.0.0.183

Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NewCustomAction1, location: C:\Users\frankf\AppData\Local\Temp\{9EA59C80-8DB7-4D85-9201-FED4CF6B81F5}\InstallPlugin_27_0_0_183.exe, command: -install -msi -prev 27.0.0.183

Action ended 08:38:12: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

Action ended 08:38:12: INSTALL. Return value 3.

Property(S): DiskPrompt = [1]

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@frfr177 ,

We require the entire MSI log file, AND the corresponding FlashInstall log file(s).  Please see my first reply to you (comment #2) for required files and link to instruction to upload the files.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleaned up all temp spaces (lazy way using cccleaner) tried again and this time the install (upgrade) ran smooth

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update.  I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines