• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1722 when installing Adobe Flash Player 10.1 (Active X MSI)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2010 Jul 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue with installing the latest Adobe Flash 10.1 (ActiveX MSI) on Windows XP.

It's coming up with error code 1722 stating...

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NewCustomAction1, location: ...\InstallAX.exe, com..."

I've tried many things such as SubInACL resets, ISScript 11 installer, adobe uninstallers, manually register ocx files, using the local administrator account, changing Internet Explorer Security settings, running Proc Mon to identify the issue - to no avail -, downloading the MSI file again, running the EXE file, but I can't seem to install the player.

The real scary side to this is that it seems to me that it's too unstable for me to deploy it across the entire corporate network due to using these fixes to have the player installed.

Is anybody able to comment or assist in finding a solution to this problem.

Regards,

SG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2010 Jul 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't have any experience with this, but when you open your thread as I just did look to the right side. Under "more like this" there are other threads that may be similar that may be helpful.

If not, then when one of the other helpers may be able to help you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2010 Jul 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  Thanks for the update.  I'll check the links but I couldn't solve the issue by following the existing forum posts regarding Flash   Player.  Regards,  Sg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2010 Jul 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the FP Admin Guide for instructions regarding FP deployment?

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2010 Jul 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  Thanks for the assistance.  I've gone through the admin guide and various posts with no success.  Any other ideas on a solution?  Regards,  SG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success!!

I found the reason why the Adobe Flash Player Active X Control wasn't installing properly was due to McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise.

The Access Protection - Anti-Spyware Standard Protection module was causing the executables (when installing) to NOT accessing specific parts of the registry to complete the installation.

I've had to make the following changes to my McAfee policies in order to allow the Adobe Flash Player Active X Control to install successfully.

Anti-Spyware Standard Protection - Protect Internet Explorer favorites and settings

Processess to exclude:-

InstallAX.exe

FlashUtil10h.exe

Uninstall_flash_player.exe

You might be able to make similar changes to your environment if you're using another product.

I hope this helps anyone who is experiencing the same issue that I was experiencing whilst trying to understand what was happening in our environment.

All the best,

spirosl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the feedback - it is appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines