Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 2116 dailymotion. google chrome. i think it has to do with flash player

Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. i´m having some trouble while trying to watch videos on dailymotion on google chrome, it shows an error 2116. I have to desable flash player and only enable shockwave flash to be able to watch dailymotion. and when i do that,  youtube videos stop working because they all need flash player. i don´t know what to do, i tried many things with the players, but it seems like there´s some uncompatibility . can someone expert help here ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gustsilva wrote:

Hi. i´m having some trouble while trying to watch videos on dailymotion on google chrome, it shows an error 2116. I have to desable flash player and only enable shockwave flash to be able to watch dailymotion. and when i do that,  youtube videos stop working because they all need flash player. i don´t know what to do, i tried many things with the players, but it seems like there´s some uncompatibility . can someone expert help here ?

1. 2116 errors usually point to registry problems. You may (may) be able to resolve the errors by reinstalling Chrome, unless it's other registry keys that are causing the errors.

2. DailyMotion is in the process of converting all of their videos to HTML5 (MP4) which requires NO Flash Player plug-in. PepperFlash pr Shockwave Flash shouldn;t make a difference for most of their videos now.

3. YouTube has already made the switch to HTML5 video which means you can watch MP4 videos there with NO Flash Player installed at all. (I've tested it on multiple machines)

4. Since Chrome uses PepperFlash, and PepperFlash is proprietary to Chrome (It's the ONLY PPAPI Flash plug-in in use ANYWHERE) the only way to update or repair it is to update or reinstall Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey man,

Error 2116 and other critical errors can occur when your Windows operating system becomes corrupted. Opening programs will be slower and response times will lag. http://repairerrors.net/error-2116.html  it tells the detail reasons and how to fix the error. And actually, you can save video from Dailymotion via below ways. 1. Many browser extensions & add-ons also support saving Dailymotion videos without any software installed. For different browsers, you can test and evaluate various extensions for your own use, such as Video Downloader GetThemAll, 1-Click Dailymotion Video Download, Video DownloadHelper. 2. use the online downloader to download a movie from Dailymotion for convenience like SaveFrom Net, KeepVid, Savevideo.me, SaveMedia… source from: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/save-video-from-dailymotion.html good luck man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines