• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error #2130: Unable to flush SharedObject after latest Firefox update

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the latest version of Firefox (64.0 release 12/11/18), Flash applications now fail with the error: Error #2130: Unable to flush SharedObject. Have upgraded to the latest version of flash player as well.

Tried the application in edge and it works fine. Is this a known issue and if so when will it get fixed?

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Yes.  Per their bugbase, it looks like this is resolved in Firefox 66 and higher.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only complaint I'm aware of.

In this instance, I think it's probably using "flush" in the "write this thing to disk" sense.  You might want to check the disk for errors and maybe blow away all of Flash Player's stored data by going to Control Panel > Flash Player > Advanced > Browsing Data and Settings > Delete All.

If that doesn't work, an uninstall/reinstall of Flash might.

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

And then you can get Flash from here:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

If that doesn't help and you'd like me to try and reproduce the problem, you'll need to give me enough information to do that.  The following list of stuff would be useful, and if you're on Windows, whether or not you're using 64-bit Firefox.  It should say in the version string.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash as you suggested. It does not make a difference. I am using the latest 64bit version of Firefox on Windows 10. I'm using the debug flash player version 32.0.0.101.

The real application that is failing has code that has not been changed in years. It began failing with the latest Firefox update. On PC 1 in our office (also running windows 10) upgraded to latest firefox on Wednesday and started having the problem. PC 2 was working fine and had not yet upgraded to latest firefox. On Thursday, PC 2 updated to latest version of Firefox and stopped working with same error. flash player upgrade was done after the Firefox upgrade.

Here is a simple flex application with similar code to what is no longer working in real application. The swf file generated by this code will show the error as soon as you enter data in the first TextInput field and tab out of the field. The issue appears to be that the SharedObject can no longer save data to the local disk.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:Application

xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"

>

<mx:Script>

<![CDATA[

[Bindable] private var so:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal("test", "/");

private function setSharedObject(event:Event):void {

so.data.testInfo = event.currentTarget.text;

so.flush();

trace(so.data.textInfo);

}

]]>

</mx:Script>

<mx:TextInput focusOut="setSharedObject(event)" />

<mx:TextInput text="{so.data.testInfo}" editable="false" />

</mx:Application>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if I can dig up something representative and double check.  I'm not aware of our LSO tests failing on Firefox.  It should have shown up in our nightly automation weeks ago if that were the case.

It's possible that Firefox restricted our ability to write LSOs (recent versions of Safari seem like they don't persist them), but I'm not aware of that change being in the pipeline.  They're usually good about communicating those kinds of things with us.

In the meantime:

Can you get the specific version from Firefox > About Firefox, just so we're being precise on the engineering front?

Also, the same goes for Win10.  I'm assuming RS5, but I want to be sure that I'm testing the same config that you have.

On the affected machine(s), is local storage allowed for Flash (via Control Panel > Flash Player > Storage)?

Are there any Firefox plug-ins in play?  (I.e. does it repro when launching Firefox in Safe Mode?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox version is 64.0 (64-bit)

Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.471)

Local storage is allowed.

No Firefox plug-ins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I can reproduce this.  It looks like a Firefox bug specific to 64-bit Windows, which was introduced back in the May 22nd nightly build.  You should be able to work around this by using any other browser, including 32-bit Firefox (although that's probably sub-optimal given the drawbacks related to 32-bit address spaces).

I'll open a bug with Mozilla and follow up with the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got exactly the same problem.

Windows 10, Firefox 64:

Error: Error #2130: Unable to flush SharedObject.

at Error$/throwError()

at flash.net::SharedObject/flush()

Many of my players can not play the game because of this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Jeromie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for reference, we see the same problem in the SmartfoxServer 2X admin tool when trying to log in with Flash 32.0.0.101 and Firefox 64:

https://www.smartfoxserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21052

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Several users with FireFox report my Flash app is not working. Turns out the SharedObject flush() gives an error. For the meantime I solved this in my Flash app with a try-catch. Alas, the saving of settings is of course not working for those users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should contact firefox developers or follow the issue thread closely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to report that I'm experiencing the same with Flash Player 32.0.0.114 (both release and debug) in Firefox Quantum 64.0.2 (64-bit), on Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I then just updated to Firefox 65.0 (64-bit) and the same issue persists.

It happens with Flash games that have existed unchanged for many many years, as pointed out above.

The error shown through the debug player is:

Error: Error #2130: Unable to flush SharedObject.

I filed a bug here: Tracker

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please read the entire thread, it's a firefox issue, not Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had filed the FP bug before discovering this thread. So I linked to it anyways.

Anyways, I think it helps for a large company like Adobe to pressure Mozilla to fix this rather than just individuals trying to pressure Mozilla to fix (we have way less leverage as individuals unless we are numerous).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now you can just advise your users to switch their browser to another one that does not have this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reviewing the bug records, Firefox is actively working on the bug.

1514889 - Flash Player cannot write Local Shared Objects on Windows (x64 sandbox)  was filed by staff member Jeromie, and was closed as a duplicate of 1513966 - Flash Player Error #2130: Unable to flush SharedObject. This one has a link to 1514073 - Flash plugin can not save settings which has the most recent comments, stating "tracking-firefox67" (posted 3 hrs ago), so they are very much aware of the issue and actively working on it.

Looks like a new bug, 1523929 - Firefox 65 breaks Flash file access on Windows​, was filed today.  Reading through the comments, I see someone posted a work-around.  See the bug for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to the following Firefox bugs:

You can use 32-bit Firefox until the bug is fixed in Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per 1514073 - Flash plugin can not save settings​, this should be fixed in Firefox 66.0b6 and higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears to be fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.  Per their bugbase, it looks like this is resolved in Firefox 66 and higher.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines