• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code 268d3

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to update Adobe Flash Player in Mozilla Firefox.  About two hours after, I get the Error Code 268d3.  None of my other browsers had this happen.  I tried other contacting options, but this is the only option.  So, I thought I would just put this here, because this happened only after updating Adobe Flash Player.  I will also be contacting Mozilla Firefox about this.  I actually called the number thinking something was seriously wrong, since this is the first time this Ever happened.  Especially seeing the word "Zeus".  Once the person answered...I got suspicious, since it sounded very much like those that call saying they are from "Microsoft Computer Services". The ones with the Middle Eastern Accents.  So I googled the error code and while doing that, the person hung up on me.  Now, the "Real" Microsoft people, will NOT hang up on someone.  I had to use the real services one time.  So this is just something that can be removed with any of those adware removal software.  As I said, this happened ONLY after I d/l'd and installed Adobe Flash Player on Mozilla Firefox.  The other browsers that adobe is installed on have not gotten this error code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Is this what you're talking about?

How To Remove Error #268D3 (Scam Virus) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you're talking about?

How To Remove Error #268D3 (Scam Virus) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is mostly correct.  The message that appears does state on the message that it is the Zeus Virus, but the Verbal message states Error Code 268d3.  It does not say my computer is blocked and while it did take some time to close the browser, I did close it and run an cleaner.  IF it should happen again, (which I hope it does not), I will make note of the things removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the thing you're looking at is a pop-up message from either your browser, or inside a website like the one in the video, it's totally fake.  The intent is to either trick you to give over a credit card, or to install malware.  Unless your computer is configured for accessibility (like a screen reader for vision-impaired people), your virus scanner probably isn't going to just start talking to you.

Anyway, this doesn't really have anything to do with Flash Player.  You just happened to stumble across a sketchy site a couple hours after updating Flash.

In general, just ignore random pop-ups, buy a name-brand virus scanner/internet protection suite and keep it updated (many ISPs provide them for free for customers, which might save you a few bucks), and keep your operating system and browser updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines