• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error installing Flash Player, Someone help me please !

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following installation log files so that we can troubleshoot the error:

• Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log saved at C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

Upload both files to Document Cloud at cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.

In the interim, the offline installers are posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.

Yours is the 2nd report I've seen for this error.  The other person who reported never provided the installation log files, thus we couldn't investigate.  Please do provide the installation log files so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I am experiencing the same issue.  I uploaded the requested files to the following link: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

I am on a work machine where I do not have admin privileges for installing updates and software.  My IT department installed the Adobe Flash Player this morning but I still keep getting the message to install Adobe Flash Player even after a full system reboot.

I want to be able to open my form response files so I can compile responses into a spreadsheet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hilarsonist_atnq

The log file you provide seems to indicate Flash Player (PPAPI for Chromium-based browsers) installed successfully.  The screenshot provided by the OP appears to indicate an error prior to installation.  Did you observe the same exact UI error when attempting to install?

I am on a work machine where I do not have admin privileges for installing updates and software.

Flash Player requires Admin permissions to install.  I'm assuming this was provided since the provided log file indicates Flash Player was installed successfully.

My IT department installed the Adobe Flash Player this morning but I still keep getting the message to install Adobe Flash Player even after a full system reboot.

There are different Flash Player versions for different browsers (ActiveX Control for Internet Explorer, NPAPI for Firefox/Safari, and PPAPI for Chromium-based browsers).  The log file you provided was for a Flash Player PPAPI installation.  Is it possible your IT is not distributing all versions of Flash Player?

Please provide a screenshot of the Flash Player Settings Manager > Updates tab.  To launch the Flash Player Settings Manager, go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Flash Player.  If you do not see the Flash Player item, select View by: Small icons.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player Updates.PNG

Please see above for the screenshot you requested. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi larsonist_ATNQ

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  It indicates that you have the most recent version of Flash Player PPAPI installed, which confirms the contents of the online installer log file you previously provided.  I suspect that whatever issue you experienced stems from the deployment of Flash Player by your IT department and not the same issue OP is reporting, using the online installer, which is not used (or should not be used) by IT departments to deploy Flash Player.

Ideally, I would branch your original post to a new discussion topic (which would also include subsequent replies), but at this point, I don't know if OPs comments (posted after yours) would be included in the branch (which we wouldn't want).  If you'd like for us to attempt to troubleshoot your issue further, please start a new discussion topic.  Having disparate issues discussed in one topic creates too much confusion and makes it difficult to follow the thread.  Alternatively, if this happens again when your IT department attempts to deploy Flash Player, please start a new discussion topic and we'll investigate further at that time.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I do see some 'fail to write file' errors I'm not familiar with.  I will forward this discussion and your installation log file to to the online installer team for further investigation.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I hope this topic is a solution if there are any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi vitorg2185031

The reason for this error is that the online installer cannot write to the folder C:\Users\UserID\AppData\Local\Adobe, which it needs to do.  Did you by chance restrict access to this folder by chance?  If no, are you using security software that may have restricted access to this folder?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines