• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Updating Adobe Flash on Win7 - Which program to use -Fixed

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While updating adobe flash on some of our computers, at times a computer will ask after I hit the download and try to access download for that update - which program do I want to "open" the file with.

The fast fix is this:   while touching the file to "save as"  make sure the file ending has a    .exe    and not a _exe     It must have a .exe or the file will not open while you are saving it.  After it asked which program I wanted to open the adobe flash   flashplayer27ax_ra_install_exe     I touched the "save as" and  changed the underline   _exe to .exe  ex: flashplayer27ax_ra_install.exe  and the file "saved" and opened correctly.    Hope this helps some.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The issue you are encountering is related to a browser issue, not Flash Player.  The file is posted to the server with .exe, but for some reason the browser is changing it to _exe.  See the dot in download filenames always gets changed to an underline - Microsoft Community for more information (from Microsoft).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines