Exit

Error with camera: Requested device not found Omegle

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I hope you are well!

I've been using omegle yesterday and it worked fine, it stopped working today and it shows me the below message:

Error with camera: Requested device not found

I tried in on google chrome, opera and firefox - omegle is not working. Other websites that need access to the camera are working. I have googled stuff and tried everything that people recommended are there is still no luck.

I tried:

-clearing the adobe flash data (nothing shows there now)

-clearing cookies

-restarting the computer and the modem

-updating adobe flash & updating chrome

-tried changing VPN

Nothing is working and it extremely frustrates me!

I'm thinking it might be a flash issue as there is no pop up to allow the camera to be accesses on omegles' website?

Is there anything else you can suggest?

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there are a lot comments about Omegle.  Ultimately, Omegle needs to fix this.  Flash Player's webcam features work when used correctly and securely.  In the last couple years, all of the major browsers have started enforcing the requirement that all content on the page must be served over HTTPS in order to access the camera and microphone, and they extend those controls to Flash.  If the environment isn't secure, the browsers don't make the available camera and microphones available to Flash.

There are a number of ways for Omegle to fix this, and given that we're approaching Flash's end-of-life, one of the better options would be to use WebRTC (the native HTML5/JavaScript technology for video conferencing).  The best thing you can do is complain to Omegle.  I have to imagine that they've heard about this already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

thanks for your answer!

Unfortunately this stopped working overnight and its really frustrating. Omegle doesn't have any feedback forms/other ways of contact so it's impossible to complain to them directly.

Is there nothing else that can be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing we've changed overnight would have caused this.

"When in doubt, reboot" is always solid advice, in the event that it's just something weird with your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By rebooting, do you mean restarting the computer?  (Sorry, I dont know much about computers lol).

I've done that and it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any other good suggestions, except to use a different service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's okay, there is only so much that can be done. Thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to harras you, the only other thing is, I just checked the below:

Flash Player Help

And on the website it says "

Flash Player is pre-installed in Google Chrome, but not enabled.

You can skp the steps below. See Enable Flash Player on Google Chrome."

When I go to my settings in Chrome, the flash should always ask if I want to enable the flash, which doesn't happen for omegle. Is there something that I did wrong? As it was working two days ago I feel like something is wrong.

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION
Your Flash Version

Flash Player disabled

Your browser name

Google Chrome

Your Operating System (OS)

Windows (Windows 7)

Under step 5 with the tree with moving animation, mine shows the below:

I've installed adobe flash player twice, so I'm not sure what the issue is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome blocks Flash by default, and doesn't remember the preference between launches.

Instructions for enabling Flash can be found here:

Flash Player Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yeah I've read the instructions for flash player and as I have mentioned above, it shows the flash is pre-installed in Chrome and not installed. The other thing I noticed is the camera cannot be detected on facebook as well, so it implies there is a problem with adobe flash? Can you suggest s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please suggest what I could do? With Facebook there is no pop-up for chrome to allow the camera and its the same with omegle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the lock in the address bar and choose Site Settings.  Choose Allow there for Camera and Mic.  Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even when I have everything to allow it still says "omegle error with camera: requested device not found" what do I do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.It happened after OS re-install. I'm using my phone camera connected to the laptop wirelessely via local IP. I've been banned for a week after using omegle with my phone camera without a problem. After the ban was lifted,the message appeared and I have no clue what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

have you ever used many cam cause im pretty sure thats what screw mine up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines