Excel 2013 VBA Shockwave Flash Object

New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Excel 2013 Workbook with a User Form with a Shockwave Flash object. It works fine on the computer that I created the workbook on. Now when I pass this workbook to many other Excel users that do not have Flash installed, they get the message "cannot load an object because it is not available on this machine" and causes Excel to crash. What I would prefer to do is, in the Excel workbook_open event somehow test first to see if the Shockwave Flash object is installed and available in Excel on that computer and if so OK, otherwise if that object/control is not available I need to disable that control on the User Form to stop Excel from throwing that message/error/crash. Using VBA, is there an easy method to test this and if not installed an easy method to install it before the workbook fully opens/loads. I'd like to call the routine in the workbook_open event. I've posted this on several MS community sites and they said it is out of their scope.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines