• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to install Flash Player (Win7, chrome)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I downloaded and opened my flashplayer26pp_va_install.exe, a window called Adobe Download Manager appeared but it has nothing in it other than a grey background. When I close it, IE browser pops up showing a webpage that actually never loads, and the above-mentioned exe is automatically deleted. Any solution to this???

System: Win7

Browser: Chrome 34 beta (yes I'm using this old version because you need a vpn to upgrade chrome in China. However I don't think it has anything to do with the flash player installer)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

SOLVED. I did nothing though, it just was solved

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Refer to Can't enable Flash Player on Chrome for assistance.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't work AT ALL. it is ENABLED but outdated, and I want to INSTALL a NEW version but failed.

Screenshot below is what the installer keeps looking like for all the time (it doesn't change at all even after plenty of waiting; I also tried to enable my vpn then disable it, still doesn't work.

Below the screenshot is whatever it said on Chrome://flash. Hope it may help you analyse the problem.

BTW the installer is https://admdownload.adobe.com/bin/livebeta/flashplayer26pp_va_install.exe .

无标题1.png

About Flash

Google Chrome57.0.2987.37 (beta)
Operation systemWindows 7 or Server 2008 R2 SP1 64 bit
Flash plugin11.8.800.170 C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\11.8.800.170\pepflashplayer.dll
--- Crash data ---
--- GPU information ---
Graphics cardIntel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Driver display nameigdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
Driver name (strong)oem67.inf:Intel.Mfg.NTamd64:iSNBM0:9.17.10.3223:pci\ven_8086&dev_0116
--- GPU driver, more information ---
Vendor Id0x8086
Device Id0x0116
Driver vendorIntel Corporation
Driver version9.17.10.3223
Driver date6-27-2013
Pixel shader version4.1
Vertex shader version4.1
GL_VENDORGoogle Inc.
GL_RENDERERANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 Direct3D11 vs_4_1 ps_4_1)
GL_VERSIONOpenGL ES 3.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.c1a5d16e964a)
GL_EXTENSIONSGL_ANGLE_depth_texture GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_blit GL_ANGLE_framebuffer_multisample GL_ANGLE_instanced_arrays GL_ANGLE_lossy_etc_decode GL_ANGLE_pack_reverse_row_order GL_ANGLE_request_extension GL_ANGLE_robust_client_memory GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ANGLE_texture_usage GL_ANGLE_translated_shader_source GL_CHROMIUM_bind_generates_resource GL_CHROMIUM_bind_uniform_location GL_CHROMIUM_copy_compressed_texture GL_CHROMIUM_copy_texture GL_CHROMIUM_sync_query GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_color_buffer_float GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_EXT_disjoint_timer_query GL_EXT_draw_buffers GL_EXT_frag_depth GL_EXT_map_buffer_range GL_EXT_occlusion_query_boolean GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_EXT_robustness GL_EXT_sRGB GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc_srgb GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_norm16 GL_EXT_texture_rg GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_unpack_subimage GL_KHR_debug GL_NV_EGL_stream_consumer_external GL_NV_fence GL_NV_pack_subimage GL_NV_pixel_buffer_object GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_image_external_essl3 GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_OES_depth32 GL_OES_element_index_uint GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_texture_float GL_OES_texture_float_linear GL_OES_texture_half_float GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear GL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_array_object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Player comes embedded with google chrome browser and all Flash Player updates are pushed by google as part of chrome updates.

To confirm the version installed, and which plugin Chrome is using (embedded or system), please do the following:

• Launch Chrome
  • navigate to chrome://flash
  • copy and paste the Flash plugin path
  • Navigate to the directory PepperFlash directory and delete "flash version (in your case 11.8.800.170)" directory
  • Restart Chrome
  • Navigate to Flash content - this should force Chrome to update Flash Player

Please try the following:

• In Chrome, navigate to chrome://flags/#prefer-html-over-flash
  • Most likely this flag is set to Default
  • Change it to Disabled
  • Restart the browser

Does flash content display now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED. I did nothing though, it just was solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@user670

Please try the following:

Right-click on the installer file and select Properties

In the General tab click the Unblock button

Click Apply

Click OK to close the window

Double-click on the installer file to launch the installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines