• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fake flashplayer download

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have downloaded a fake flash player application after it saying something along the lines of my flashplayer being out of date. It did some weird things on my Macbook pro and I started to doubt if it was the real thing. I saw a player (not adobe - just "player") had mounted itself under my devices so I ejected it. I then noticed my safari and chrome browsers had changed search engines from google to yahoo. I updated the preferences back to google. I also noticed that whatever I had downloaded had downloaded a "clean my mac app".

Later tonight I saw a pop up box saying I had about 871 issues that needed repairing. I went into my downloads and deleted the downloads from earlier and emptied my trash.

Looking at my browsers history this is the website that initially clicked on: [links removed].

I then restarted chrome and came across these other websites that appeared as separate tabs:

[links removed]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting.  I'll forward this post to the fraud team to follow-up on.

I would recommend running a complete system scan (virus, malware, adware, etc) to ensure nothing is lingering.  If so, whatever software you use should provide assistance in cleaning up the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines