• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fb games no flash player

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of fb games that need flash player, what do I do now.....DO i chuck those games or what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Flash Player has reached it's End Of Life, and is no longer available for download. We strongly advise against finding old Flash Player versions from third-party sites, as they could contain malware.

Safari, Chrome and Firefox have all dropped support for browser plug-ins at this point. IE and Edge will follow suit soon. It's difficult to find a current browser that will run Flash at this point. It's time to move on.

See the original announcement from 2017 for background and links to correspondi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, chuck them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player has reached it's End Of Life, and is no longer available for download. We strongly advise against finding old Flash Player versions from third-party sites, as they could contain malware.

Safari, Chrome and Firefox have all dropped support for browser plug-ins at this point. IE and Edge will follow suit soon. It's difficult to find a current browser that will run Flash at this point. It's time to move on.

See the original announcement from 2017 for background and links to corresponding browser roadmaps:
https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Here's the consumer FAQ:
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Here's the enterprise FAQ, which has some options for organizations that have legacy Flash dependencies that they need to keep running:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

We strongly encourage you to uninstall Flash Player at this point. For your convenience, links to the uninstallers follow.

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Microsoft Update for Removal of Flash Player for IE and Edge on
Windows 8 and higher

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply from the Adobe Employee.  You say "it is time to move on".  I would like to know, move on to what?  If I buy the latest version of Adobe will it include a new program that will allow me to view websites that currently use a flash player or do i have to wait until the website updates their webage to something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The websites need to update their pages. There isn't a new program that allows viewing items that needed Flash Player. Most websites have long ago moved to HTML5, which is the standard for doing most of the things that Flash used to be used for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You say "it is time to move on".  I would like to know, move on to what?" A fair question

"  If I buy the latest version of Adobe will it include a new program that will allow me.." No. There is no replacement. That's the point, and why three year's notice was given.

"  or do i have to wait until the website updates their webage to something else?" If they haven't done it after 3 years, they probably aren't going to. So it's time to move on - to different sites, made by people who care enough to make them work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly this. 

Even if we were still shipping Flash Player, your options for using a current browser are quickly dropping to zero.  Safari, Firefox and Chrome have all dropped support for browser plug-ins over the last month.  IE and Edge aren't too far behind.  The number of hoops you'd need to jump through in order to run an unmaintained browser plug-in in an unpatched browser are already high, and will soon become prohibitively hard.  Plus, if you're using the open web with that configuration, you're begging for a malware problem.

This is ultimately bigger than Flash Player.  Browser plug-ins needed to go away for the web to move forward.  There's this aphorism in computer science, which goes "change is the only constant".  There's no such thing as "write once, run forever", and Flash had a phenomenal 25 year run.

In terms of "what else", find a comparable game on Steam or a competing game service.  Shell out a few bucks to a game developer focused on making a good game instead of a developer focused on pushing ad impressions and in-game gold.  You'll almost certainly end up with something more fun. 

I don't normally plug services here, but there's a great service called Humble Bundle that works with game developers and publishers to offer discounted games (and other stuff) for charity.  If money is an issue, you can get a great deal *and* do some good in the world.  They have a pretty extensive selection, and there's a good chance that you'll be able to find something representative in the genre of your choice.  

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines