Fire fox/shockwave player update- "Application Initialization Error".

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Firefox and the toehr day i notized that webpages were taking a long time to load or not loading at all. after checking my wifi, i have identified it as a "flash player update" issue. i have gone through and attempted to update my flash player and allow it access in Firefox's "add-ons". But NOTHING seems to work.... Extremely frustrating..

i click on Update from the Firefox Add-on page, it takes me to adobe flash player website click on download and download the "flashplayer32_xa_install.exe. file.

After dowloading the file and i get a "Application Initialization Error".

How do i work around this..?

TOPICS
Error, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We'll need to review the Flash install logs to troubleshoot the issue.  Please provide the following files:

• Adobe_ADM.log file saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
    • Note: The AppData directory may be hidden.  If you don't see it, see Show hidden files/folders for instructions to make it visible.
  • FlashInstall log files saved at:
    • 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
    • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
      • Both files are required from a 64-bit OS

Upload all files to Document Cloud (see https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/how-to-share-a-file-using-adobe-document-cloud/td-p/4787...) and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines