• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefox..allow and Remember no longer offered after 7-9 update

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Flash will timeout for a site each time, and when I try and allow, it only offer's 'Allow' or 'Don't allow', unlike before the 7-9-19 update. And I cannot find any 'Always allow' option for Flash. There is also a noticeable delay on pages using flash, even when 'allowed'. Is there a some way to restore the 'remember' feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a browser feature and nothing to do with Adobe/Flash Player.

While there isn't an 'always allow' option, I do see a 'remember this decision' checkbox.  This option is most likely for the specific website, and not a blanket allow for all sites.

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 7.56.30 AM.png

As Flash's end-of-life nears (end of 2020), major browser vendors are moving to disable/block Flash by default in stages.  One of these is to remove 'always allow' (or equivalent depending on browser).  Looks like Firefox did this in Firefox 68.  Note that they'll block Flash by default in the Firefox 69 release.

For more information, see Plugin Roadmap for Firefox - Plugins | MDN  and 1519434 - Remove "Always Activate" and "Remember this decision" Flash options in Firefox 69 The latter is the bug record with detailed information for Firefox blocking Flash by default.

If you use Chrome, Google has published a similar Flash Roadmap - The Chromium Projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines