Firefox and Flash Player

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continually get Update reminders from Adobe for my Flash Player.

When I try to Update the Update Manager ends up just a blank silver pop-up window.

Although still using Vista Home Premium I found a "weird explanation" as to when I check my Add-On settings and see red "Update Now" and

when I try I get another screen saying:

Flash Player Plugin 21.0.0.242 to 22.0.0.192 (click-to-play) has been blocked for your protection.

??? Say "what?" 

How am I supposed to get around "this one"? A browser can't block what you want to 'Run', can it?

Steve G. (quite peeved!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try the following:

Did you move the installer file from one machine to another? If so, please try the following:

1. Right-click on the installer file and select Properties
  2. In the General tab click the Unblock button
  3. Click Apply
  4. Click OK to close the window
  5. Double-click on the installer file to launch the installer

As for IE blocking the plugin, that is up to Microsoft, not Adobe.  Adobe does NOT block any version of Flash Player, only browser vendors do that.

--

Maria

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Maria! Since I gave Firefox the flick, a Lot of problems have gone! I wonder... Steve.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines