• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefox: 'Flash Player update required' attempting to view Flash content, 27.0.0.183 installed.

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, saying 'Flash Player update required.'  I am using Mozilla Firefox.  I have version:  Adobe Flash Player 27 NPAPI...272.0.0.183.  I watched this same video two months ago with no problems.  Any suggestions or ideas?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I branched your post to a new discussion.  You posted to a topic that's 3 years old and due to many browser changes in the interim, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to the topic you posted to.

Please see Mozilla's document Set Adobe Flash to "click to play" on Firefox | Firefox Help  (and Plugins | MDN for detailed information on Firefox's plans for Flash) for assistance.  If you continue to have issues viewing Flash content after working through Mozilla's documentation, please provide the following information:

• operating system, including version
  • Firefox version
  • direct link to Flash content you are attempting to view

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it always activated.  I went to the other link and there is just too much to read for me right now.  I have migraines and cannot always absorb what I read.  Thank you for your suggestions.  I will read through it on a later date.  If it does not work, I will give you the information you requested.  Thank you for putting this in the right discussion, and for your time.  Oh, I will also let you know if it fixes it.  Thank you, Ann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second link details Mozilla's future plans for plugins, including Flash.  There is quite a bit of information there, and I posted it mainly for reference.  It's also possible the content isn't coded to conform to the new browser click-to-play implementations.  If you provide the OS, firefox version and direct l can attempt to reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10.  Adobe Flash Player 27 NPAPI...27.0.0.183.  When I went to the fb page to get the link to the video, the video played just fine, like it did two months ago when I first watched it!  It may just be this almost one-year-old HP laptop I have?  Do you perhaps have any ideas why sometimes it works and sometimes not?  I appreciate your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it's working now.  Unfortunately, I don't know why it sometimes works or does not work.  Could be content related, or browser related.  If there is no error returned when Flash Player is installed, then it's installed successfully.  If you experience the behaviour again, I recommend either contacting the content developer, Facebook (since the app is delivered on their platform) and/or Mozilla for issues with Firefox (Firefox Help) blocking the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I imagine glitches can also be a problem.  Here is a link to the fb page.  The video is a few down,  chibudgielvr  The video is:  Purrfect end to the day  Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines