• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 26.0.0.131 installer attempting to install Flash 13 and Flash 24

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing a pilot deployment of Flash ActiveX 26.0.0.131 to about 50 Windows machines running Win7 Enterprise x86/x64 and Win10 Enterprise x64.  I'm deploying the plain-vanilla adobe-supplied MSI with no alterations via SCCM with an install string of msiexec /i install_flash_player_26_active_x.msi /qb.

About half of the machines that ran the install are failing with a 1603 (fatal error during installation).  I connected to several of the failed machines and looked in the Application Event Log to see what was actually failing and this is what I found on each machine:

Reading up from the bottom:

event ID 1040 - the Windows Installer starting transaction install_flash_player_26_active_x.msi

event ID 10005 - Product: Adobe Flash Player 13 ActiveX -- The version of the Player that you are trying to install is lower than what is currently installed.

event ID 1013 -  Product: Adobe Flash Player 24 ActiveX -- Error : The version of the Player that you are trying to install is lower than what is currently installed.

event ID 1042 - the Windows Installer ending transaction install_flash_player_26_active_x.msi

Why is the 26.0.0.131 installer trying to install Flash 13 and Flash 24?

Chris Iverson

[moderator: deleted email address per Email signatures and personal information policy]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The ActiveX Control will fail to install on Windows 10 due to Microsoft embedding Flash Player ActiveX Control in IE/Edge browser in Windows 10 (they began embedding Flash Player in IE in Windows 8).  On Windows 10, all Flash Player for IE/Edge updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Updates.

For the Windows 7 systems, what is the current, or previous version on the system?

Please provide the following log files from the same impacted system:

• entire MSI log file with options v+x enabled (verbose with extra debugging)
  • FlashInstall log file(s) saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS the FlashInstall log file(s) saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash are also required.

Upload the log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I redeployed Flash ActiveX 26.0.0.1 to a Windows 7 x86 machine with /l*vx enabled. The deployment failed with a 1603 error, so I logged on to the target machine and found that it has Flash ActiveX 13.0.0.206, Flash ActiveX 25.0.0.148 and Flash ActiveX 26.0.0.131 all installed.

The log files from that machine are here:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  We are investigating.  In the interim, please provide the following:

• Screenshot of Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs AND C:\Windows\System32\Macrome\Flash showing Flash ActiveX 13, 25, and 26 entries.
  • Reviewing the verbose MSI log file, there are indications that Flash Player ActiveX 13 was installed using a transform (.mst) file.  Do you know what was included in the .mst file used to install ActiveX 13.0.0.206?
  • According to the FlashInstall32.log file, 13.0.0.206 was installed on April 29, 2014.  It was then updated to 24.0.0.194 on Feb 6, 2017.  Were there issues encountered when upgrading from 13.0.0.206 > 24.0.0.194?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, we were unable to wait on a resolution and are using the Flash Scrubber to remove all versions of Flash and reinstall 25.0.0.148.  We have halted deployment of 26.0.0.131 due to the issues we are having with old versions being detected but not removed by the 26.0.0.131 installer, and also because several of our enterprise management consoles will not allow connections from machines with ActiveX 26.0.0.131 installed.  The issue there is that the web interfaces cannot determine what version of Flash is installed and so block the connection.

In answer to your other questions, the ActiveX 13 package was before my time and no longer exists.  When we did the upgrade to ActiveX 24.0.0.194 there was no issue encountered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines