• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 26.0.0.131 not recognized by some web interfaces.

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have deployed a pilot of Flash 26.0.0.131 to about 50 machines in our enterprise environment and are seeing some problems:

Avaya Aura Messaging Center will not allow connections over the web.  The error is:

Untitled.png

Also our McAfee Enterprise Security Manager will not allow web connections.  The error is:

Untitled.png

Both I.E. 11 and Google Chrome produce the same errors, and both are running Flash 26.0.0.131.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're screenshots appear to be of Microsoft Edge browser.  Microsoft changed how Edge handles Flash Player in the latest Windows 10 Creator's Update, setting Flash Player as click-to-play by default.  On the second screenshot, if you click 'get Adobe Flash Player' button a pop-up message should display enabling you to allow Flash Player on this site. The new functionality in Edge works on a per-site basis only.  There is no 'always allow for all sites' option.  For assistance see Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge .  For Avaya Aura Messaging client, I recommend contacting Avaya for assistance with their product.

For Chrome, see Adobe Flash isn't working - Google Chrome Help  for assistance.

Note that as of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE, and Edge in Windows 10, and all Flash Player for IE/Edge updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note the last line of my original post.  We are getting this error in I.E. 11 and Google Chrome 59.0 as well as Edge. Something has changed in this version of Flash and now multiple websites are unable to tell what version of Flash is installed and therefore won't allow access to Flash content.  In our case it is management consoles that are affected, so this is a big problem for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially all browser vendors are setting Flash as click-to-play, meaning, a user has to manually enable/allow Flash.  Content developers need to modify their content to comply with these changes. 

On the second screenshot, using the same browser as in the screenshot, what happens when you click the 'get adobe flash player' button?  

The following resources may be of assistance in explaining what this change is and what it means to the end-user.

Chrome:

IE 11:

Edge:

Providing publicly accessible sites exhibiting the behaviour is most beneficial in attempting to reproduce the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only examples I have of this behavior is on our internal management console sites.

This behavior did not occur with Flash 25.0.0.148, and rolling back to 25.0.0.148 resolves the issue, so I find it difficult to accept that the configuration of the browsers involved, none of which changed during the upgrade/rollback, are the source of the problem. Something has changed about the behavior of Flash ActiveX with this 26.0.0.131 version and it is causing multiple problems in our environment.

This is an enterprise environment and our users do not have admin rights on their PCs, so clicking a link to "get Adobe Flash" is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the ability to reproduce and debug the issue, there's not a lot we can do about it.   If your organization has an enterprise support agreement with Adobe, your named support representative can help facilitate the appropriate data collection and debugging in your closed environment.  That would hands-down be the best avenue for approaching this.

The reason that we're saying click-to-play is involved is that from what you're showing us, it looks like Flash Player isn't even getting invoked.  You're getting the alternate HTML content that would be shown when the browser can't actually invoke the object/embed tag that uses the Flash plug-in.  You can confirm by right clicking on that content.  If it doesn't say About Flash Player, we're not running...

Setting aside the click-to-play theory for a minute (I guarantee that it *will* become a source of pain for you in the near future), I'm thinking that your deployment of 26.0.0.131 is resulting in a broken Flash Player.

If you download and install the regular, generally available Flash Player from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and install it, do you have the same problem?  My guess is that it's going to work fine, which will point us back to some kind of install-time problem.  That might still be on us, but at least we'll be looking in the right place.  If that's the case, your installation logs would be informative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now happening with version 26.0.0.137 as well.  I get the message below in Chrome, Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox when I try to access our voicemail web url:

Untitled.png

I tried clicking the Install Now link, which downloaded "flashplayer26ax_ch_install.exe."  After installing, the problem was resolved, but that isn't a viable option for our enterprise environment of 2000 desktops where users do not have rights to install software.  I must be able to deploy Flash ActiveX and Flash NPAPI as two separate, silent, unattended installs, which is why we downloaded and deployed the MSI version of your software.

We originally downloaded installation MSI files from www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution5.htm and deployed them (without any modification) via SCCM using these install commands:

msiexec /i install_flash_player_26_active_x.msi /qn /norestart

msiexec /i install_flash_player_26_plugin.msi /qn /norestart

We aren't doing anything to change your MSI or the way that it installs, so at this point everything points to the MSI files as the problem.

I also noticed that the web-based installs did not remove the previous MSI-based installs, leaving me with two instances of ActiveX 26.0.0.137 and two of NPAPI 26.0.0.137. Checking my registry, I find my MSI-based install has an uninstall key of {D7830E9A-5E0C-4BD5-8724-0F89757EBF07}, while the web-based install produced an uninstall key named "Adobe Flash Player ActiveX".  The web-based install is entirely separate and distinct from the MSI-based install.  This is a hot mess from a systems management standpoint.

So, what do I need to do to fix my MSI-based Flash installs?  What log files do you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chrisi87781579

Thank you for the additional information.  What operating system, including version is this on?

The MSI install should completely remove any version currently on the system. The first thing a Flash Player installation (EXE or MSI) does is check if Flash is installed and if it is, uninstall it, then proceed with the installation.  I'm going to attempt to reproduce based on the information you have here.  I may require more information from you if I'm not able to reproduce.

In the following screenshot, what happens when you click the 'Get Adobe Flash Player' button link?
Untitled.png

For log files, please provide the following files, from the same machine, for the same installation attempt:

• MSI log file with the following option enabled
    • v - Verbose output
    • x - Extra debugging information
  • FlashInstall log file(s) saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash directory.  If this is a 64-bit OS, the FlashInstall log file(s) saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directory are also required.

Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, thanks.  I just wanted to confirm that the problem was isolated to the MSI installer.  As Maria has detailed above, logs from a failing MSI installer should give us a good idea of what's going wrong in your environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi chrisi87781579

You mention your apps/sites work with 25.0.0.148, but not 26.0.0.131.  Did you upgrade directly from 25.0.0.148 > 26.0.0.131?  Did you try 25.0.0.171 and 26.0.0.126?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines