Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash ActiveX SCUP catalog installable/installed rules

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having issues with the SCUP loaded Flash ActiveX installs and think the issue covered in a thread from a few years ago is still being published for all the new updates. Re: Flash 12.0.0.38 SCUP problem en-US described an issue with the rules where it was using a registry entry that doesn't exist. HKLM\Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions is not a valid registry path on any of our systems. We import the updates in to SCCM and the install seems to be happening, but it does not think it has been installed afterwards. I have checked the last few releases from 26.0.0.137 down and they all seem to be defined the same way.

Is there any way to update the catalog so it no longer uses the 'SafeVersions' registry path?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Flash Player ActiveX Control installers create the SafeVersions registry entry.  However, it is removed when uninstalling Flash Player using the standalone uninstaller.  Are you running the uninstaller as part of your deployment workflow?  If so, this can explain why it doesn't exist on your system.

Also, what version of Windows is this on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, this is primarily Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP2 installs and we're deploying Flash using the SCUP catalog, importing it in to SCCM and deploying it as a patch to the existing Flash ActiveX install (version 24.0.0.194 in this case).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, what does "but it does not think it has been installed afterwards." mean?  does "it" refer to SCCM?

If the installation was successful, the SafeVersions registry entry will exist.  Since you're on 64-bit systems there will be 2 SafeVersions registry entries, one for the 32-bit version of Flash Player and another for the 64-bit version of Flash:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions

Have you checked for any sccm installation log files relating to the Flash Player?  If so, does the file indicate there were issues with the installation?

I'd like to review the FlashInstall log files from an impacted system.  Since this is a 64-bit OS, there will be 2 FlashInstall log files saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.  Please upload both files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document  Post the link to the uploaded log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do mean SCCM as "it".

I do see what you're talking about in the logs (I'll upload them shortly).

but that still doesn't show as having an entry in the registry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to the logs you referenced...

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/6dd5d7b0-56bd-4b31-96c3-97053a5f5427

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's awesome that this is the only mechanism for Flash support now. I think I have a better chance of getting my employer to block any additional Adobe products from being licensed than I do getting help with a product that Adobe themselves have given up on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what happened to my reply to you last week (it apparently never posted), but this is what it said:

Thank you for posting the screenshots and log files.

According to the information provided, version 26.0.0.126 is installed on the system, although, we're not sure why the SafeVersions entry does not exist.  There is no error in the log file indicating this failed to be created.  We would like to get more information from you.

On the same system that you obtained the previously provided screenshots & log files from:

• have you tried to install 26.0.0.131 and/or 26.0.0.137 on this system?
    • the FlashInstall log files provided do not show an installation attempt for either of these versions, but if you did attempt to install, it's possible the failure occurred prior to the start of logging.
  • If you have attempted to install 26.0.0.131 and/or 26.0.0.1237, do you have an SCCM installation log file for 26.0.0.131 and/ori26.0.0.137 installation attempts?  If so, please provide those.  They may have information that is not being reported in the FlashInstall log files.
  • post a screenshot of the following 2 registry entries:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\InprocServer32, including the value, for example:
  • Screenshot of the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features window, showing the Flash Player entries, including version, for example:
  • Launch 32-bit IE (C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe ) and view Flash content, for example, https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html > click Check Now button.  Post a screenshot of the system information results.
  • Launch 64-bit IE (C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe ) and view Flash content, for example, https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html > click Check Now button.  Post a screenshot of the system information results.

Thank you.

P.S.

It's awesome that this is the only mechanism for Flash support now.

Customer's without paid support contracts have always been directed to the forums for Flash Player assistance as Adobe doesn't offer dedicated support channel for free products.  If your employer has a support contract there should be a support rep you can contact, instead of coming to the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines