• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash application on facebook display a black/white screen in C# WinForm embedded browser

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First Config:

Web browser: C# WinForm embedded browser

Flash version: 23,0,0,207

Flash application tested: Criminal Cases (Pretty Simple), Farmville 2

result:

The flash player displays a black screen while I am trying to access a facebook flash application through a C# winform embedded browser whereas the fb flash apps are currently working on a classical internet explorer browser.

The reg controle feature key are identical between ie and the embedded browser.

Other Config:

Web browser: C# WinForm embedded browser

Flash version: 23,0,0,207

result:

The flash player runs correctly for the first execution of the flash game but any other execution of the game (in the same facebook session) returns a black screen. Logout/login of Facebook does not reset the failing behavior to a working behavior. The C# Winform application embedding the browser has to be restarted to have a correct behavior again.

Forum FAQs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Sorry for the inconvenience.  I'm not aware of a new issue that would cause this, but I'm also not surprised by the report.  Windows 10 is a moving target, and we're constantly making changes in tandem with the Windows and Edge teams to support new Windows features, and to further harden Flash Player against attackers.  It could be a result of a Flash Player change, or a change in IE or Windows.

Adobe AIR has been the supported path forward for desktop applications built on Flash Runtime technolo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience.  I'm not aware of a new issue that would cause this, but I'm also not surprised by the report.  Windows 10 is a moving target, and we're constantly making changes in tandem with the Windows and Edge teams to support new Windows features, and to further harden Flash Player against attackers.  It could be a result of a Flash Player change, or a change in IE or Windows.

Adobe AIR has been the supported path forward for desktop applications built on Flash Runtime technology for several years now.  While we try not to break legacy applications that are embedding Flash Player in the manner you describe, it's problematic, fragile, and not an intended use-case that we invest heavily in.  Also, I believe that it's unlikely that this approach will continue to work over the long term, just looking at the general trends with regard to operating system and browser controls.  If this is critical functionality for your business or product, it's time to start thinking about a migration path.

For the immediate issue, you're welcome to file a bug at http://bugbase.adobe.com/.  I'd encourage you to include a reproducible sample that we can debug.  I'm always curious about why legacy applications have broken, but it's quite possible in the context of Win10 that once we diagnose the issue, the necessary fix will be outside our sphere of control. 

If you reply here with the bug number, I'll get an email notification and will open it up to the appropriate team directly.  Given the US holiday this week, it's unlikely that anyone will look at until we have quorum again and are caught up with any high priority issues that have come up over the long weekend.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given that this is both a long-standing behavior, and not something that affects the primary use-case of a browser-hosted plug-in, it's very unlikely that we would invest resources into supporting Flash Player hosted by WinForm. 

If this is a critical use-case and your company/client would like to discuss the possibility of some kind of support arrangement, I'm happy to put you in touch with our business development team to explore available options.  If that's interesting, please send me a private message with contact details, and I'll pass them along.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines