Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash application print function stopped working

Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A creature of habit, every morning I go to this link Games - NY Daily News and using the crossword application's print puzzle feature, get a printout of the puzzle.  I like doing it on paper.  (old habits die hard) - after a firefox update yesterday afternoon, 51.0.1, the application starts, but the print function doesn't work at all.  Any ideas?

system - hp envy running win10 pro with 8G ram.  always worked until this morning.

Thanks,

Glenn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi glenngosack

Is this a 32- or 64-bit operating system?  To check go to Settings > About. Please provide the following:

Edition

Version

OS Build

System type

If this is a 64-bit operating system, are you using 32- or 64-bit Firefox?  To check, launch Firefox then open Task Manager.  Look for the Firefox entry.  Does it have 'Firefox' or 'Firefox (32-bit)?

What version of Flash Player are you using?  To check go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Flash Player (if this is a 64-bit OS, it'll be 'Flash Player (32-bit)') > Updates tab.  What is the 'NPAPI Plug-in Version' listed?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria - thanks for looking into this - I haven't found the answer yet, but it must be firefox related as I can print correctly from internet explorer, but don't like that browser.

to answer your questions:

Edition - windows 10 pro (64 bit)

Version - 1607 (latest)

OS build - 14393.693

Firefox 32 bit -

Flash player 32 bit - NPAPI plug-in version 24.0.0.194

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I have 64-bit Windows 10 Enterprise, not Pro, version 1607 OS Build 14393.693

Using 32-bit Firefox and Flash player 24.0.0.194:

1. Navigate to Games - NY Daily News
  2. When the game loads, click OPTIONS
  3. In Options click PRINT W/ENTRIES
  4. RESULT: Print dialog displays

Using Firefox 51.0.1 (64-bit) and Flash Player, 24.0.0.194:

1. Navigate to Games - NY Daily News
  2. When the game loads, click OPTIONS
  3. In Options click PRINT W/ENTRIES
  4. RESULT: button color showing it is being toggled, but print dialog never displays.

From your description, you are experiencing the behaviour on 32-bit Firefox that I am experiencing on 64-bit Firefox, correct?

I'm testing other versions of Firefox to see if I can reproduce the behaviour in 32-bit Firefox.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I failed to mention, that when I click options I click print puzzle (to get a blank paper copy to fill out) - the print dialog appears and when I click ok it just goes away and the printer never prints the puzzle.  using internet explored for the exact procedure works as expected.  I just prefer firefox - this started when firefox was updated to latest version.

Thanks again

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than likely, this is totally a firefox issue and not flash - so there may not be anything here to help - (unless you do find something )

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the slow response.  I've been traveling for work for the last few days. 

I was actually playing around with this before I left, and it works fine for me in Firefox on Mac.  It's totally possible that there's a bug at the specific intersection of Firefox and Windows, but I'm not hearing about widespread printing problems.  There are a number of very large companies that depend on Flash Player for critical printing tasks (admission ticket sales, shipping forms, etc.), so printing issues tend to bubble up very quickly.

There are some different code paths taken depending on what your browser/os combination is, and how the content itself is written.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on Windows 8.

Firefox 54.0 32bit works fine (I can print from adobe flash by right-click => print), meanwhile Firefox 64bit doesn't work.

I've opened a thread on the Firefox Forum to ask if this is a Firefox or an Adobe Flash bug: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3031163

Let's see what they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem, with Adobe.

Windows 10 Home (64 bit)

Version - 1607 (latest)

OS build - 14393.1358

Chrome last version

Flash player Version 26.0.0.131

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing on Chrome is a little different, and I would not assume that your problem is the same as the others reported with Firefox.  I'd highly recommend starting a new thread, with complete details (including a link to a reproducible example), so that I can have someone specifically investigate the issue that you're experiencing.

For 64-bit Firefox on Win10, Flash Player is running in a lower integrity mode than it would be with 32-bit Firefox (this is ultimately a good thing). 

My strong belief, based on similar issues with 64-bit Firefox, is that we don't have permissions to do what we need to do in this scenario, and will ultimately need to collaborate with Mozilla to broker those calls through a process running at a higher integrity level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not about that printing, it's about Photoshop. I can't use it anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player and Photoshop are completely unrelated products.  For Photoshop issues, please post to Photoshop General Discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines