Flash Availability on Windows 2008 (Incl R2)

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My customer has detected security vulnerabilities with Flash Player across multiple versions installed across a number of Windows 2008 servers so our intention is to upgrade to the latest version available. I notice that Flash is available in the Archived versions section of the Flash Player Download Center (Archived Adobe Flash Player versions). When I attempt to download the latest the drop down list of Operating Systems only shows Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP. Does anybody know where I can download the latest versions for 2008?

Secondly, can anybody advise as to whether security fixes are still made available for Windows 2008 versions of Flash or is there just a terminal release?

Thanks, Steve

TOPICS
OS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is not officially supported on any Windows Server, however, installation is not blocked.  You can use the installer for any Windows version to install Flash Player on Windows Server 2008.  Note that since it's not supported, we don't test for it, nor develop for it and can't guarantee how it will function on Server 2008.  I don't recommend using the versions listed on the Archive page as they are not the latest version (currently 20.0.0.183).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the response. I have a couple of follow up questions if that is ok?

1) Would I be correct in assuming that as Adobe Flash on Windows 2008 is not supported then it does not have the capability to check and install the latest security updates?

2) Although unsupported, can we use the installer to install later versions of Adobe Flash on Windows Server 2003 or is that OS now so old it simply won't work?

Regards, Steve

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Regarding your above queries:

1. It does have the capabilities to update and install all latest security updates. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items and select Flash Player. Go to updates tabs and see what option has been selected. Opt for "Allow Adobe to install updates" to allow automatic updates to be pushed silently.

2. Yes you can install the latest versions of Flash Player on Windows Server 2003.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines