• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash content not displaying on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player comes installed with Windows 10 (on my new computer, July 2017). The AFP system check says it's properly installed. When I click on my videos (I'm a teacher), an error msg says Adobe FP 9.0 must be installed to run my (Echo 360) videos. I'm shocked that Adobe has no convenient support for such initial installation-related problems. 😞

[moderator: condensed and summarized discussion topic for usability and ease of reading]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you able to see any Flash Content? To confirm you can check if you see version information of installed Flash Player correctly on Adobe - Flash Player page.

If you are unable to see the same, enable Flash Player following steps mentioned on Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now attempted every fix listed in the two Staff msgs that followed my post. Cannot see any content & Troubleshooting page did not resolve my issue. So you have no other fix for this problem? TIA, Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the error message - entire screen please, not just the message by itself.

You can also contact the content provider (echo 360) and/or Microsoft.  This isn't a Flash Player issue, as Flash Player is installed. it's most likely the content not offering an obvious way to enable Flash content and not complying with Microsoft's recent changes to Edge browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot just sent. Ironic, but I often get sent to the "other" guys when I've reached a dead end. Any advice you have would of course bee greatly appreciated. I've now spent two days on this & am not smart enough to resolve.

TIA,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

there is no screenshot.  If you replied via email, the forums software rejects email attachments.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to my colleague recommendations, please see Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog​.  The behaviour you are observing is most likely due to Microsoft's click-to-run implementation.  This Microsoft blog post will provide more information, including a means of reporting a website that is not compliant with the browser's click-to-play implementation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines