Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash crashes going full screen in Firefox

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afternoon all,

I need some help in solving a flash problem.

I play on online game call War commander through a website called kixeye.com. In the last few weeks when i play on line and when I go full screen the games crashes. I can play the game in normal screen with out any problems. The error message states 'plug in container for fire fox has stopped working'. I use to get a message stating flash has stopped and if i wanted to wait, to see if it would restart. It always did. Now its just a message to close.

I can play videos off youtube in small window and full window, no crashes.

I have up dated Flash with the two last updates.

I have updated firefox to the latest version.

I have gone to the Adobe website Flash Player video playback issues , and followed the process stated there. HTML videos i can play. Non HTML videos crash when going full screen, but I can play in normal window.

I have gone into the Adobe flash player settings and checked / unchecked the "Enable Hardware acceleration", with no effect. Flash player still crashes on full screen.

I have a ACER laptop, running Windows 8, 64 bit. Firefox 57.0.1 64 bit

So please, i need help sorting this problem out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please review the tech note Report a Flash Player crash or error and report the crash via the bug database.

Also, please clarify if this is Windows 8 (no longer supported) or Windows 8.1

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

I can confirm that it is an Operating system of Windows 8 (not 8.1).

What would be achieved reporting it via the bug database, as it states there is no tracking number given, and I wont receive an answer from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be achieved reporting it via the bug database, as it states there is no tracking number given, and I wont receive an answer from there.

We would have a crash log to investigate further.

That note must be old, and may refer to a previous bug base we used.  The current bug base does provide a bug number upon successful submission, as follows:

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 2.06.14 PM.jpg

The bug ID number, in blue text, is a link to the bug record.

I believe you are also notified (via email) when comments are added, or other users vote on the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I am half way through raising a bug report, just capturing some video to submit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i upload a video??

As it does not appear to be showing as attached when i click on "choose files"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if video attachments are allowed.  You can try it.  If not, you can upload the video to cloud.acrobat.com/send and include the URL to the file in the bug record.  See How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Note that many of Adobe's offices (including Flash Runtime team offices) will be closed from Dec 22 through Jan 1, as such, there will be a delay in investigating the bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I followed your instructions regarding video uploading to cloud, through the link you provided. I received an error message. I have an Enterprise account.

uploading error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend uploading it to some other file sharing location (that doesn't require login to access) and post the link to that in the bug record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, a link to the Mozilla crash report (see the instructions on how to report a crash above) is far easier to get (you can just paste the link here) and it's way more useful than a video of the game crashing.

In the meantime, you can also try disabling hardware acceleration as an experiment, to see if it resolves the crash.  If so, updating your graphics drivers will probably fix it.  If no newer drivers are available, disabling hardware acceleration will at least give you a workaround until the vendor releases a patch.

Please work through the video troubleshooting guide.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If disabling hardware acceleration doesn't help, you can just turn it back on.

If you've already submitted the bug report and included the crash reports, if you could post the number here, I'll take a look for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, definitely curious about the crash reports.

Apparently something happened to Mozilla's crash reporting system, and the data for the crashes you submitted was purged.  Would you mind resubmitting any newer ones that you happen to have?  You can just put a link in the thread here, and I'll get an email about it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning Jeromiec83223024,

Sorry for the delay in responding, the New Year has started hectic. Still no changes since we last communicated. Flash (in game) crashes when going to full screen.

Below is the latest crash report (dated 19th Jan) link and ID number.

[@ ImmReleaseContext] - Firefox 57.0.1 Crash Report - Report ID: a62fb573-3282-4e70-bc5b-e73e5018011...

ID: a62fb573-3282-4e70-bc5b-e73e50180118

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  It's a low-volume crash, but it's exclusively on AMD processors with Intel integrated graphics cards.  I'm 50/50 on whether this is our bug or we're just tickling something underneath us.  I'll take a look and get back to you.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any further advancement towards a solution on why Flash is crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a bug for investigation on January 19th.  It's in the queue.

Just to set expectations, you're looking at at least a few months, particularly if the fix needs to come from another vendor.

Based on what I see in the crash dumps, I don't believe that it's ultimately going to be our bug, but I want to get a more detailed analysis, so I know who's bug it is (Mozilla, Microsoft, AMD, the GPU vendor, etc.).

My read is that we're making a very normal set of requests that should be totally fine, but on this very small set of machines, something is blowing up underneath us.

If you haven't applied all of the available firmware and driver updates for your system, that's probably a good idea.  It may resolve the issue.  If not, we'll eventually get to the analysis and most likely, file a bug with the appropriate vendor.

In terms of workarounds, you're probably looking at using a different browser in the meantime.  If it's not specific to Firefox, that would also be a really interesting data point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jerominec, I will keep an eye on my email for a response. I will touch base again in 6 weeks just to see if any thing has occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromiec, its been about 6 months now since i raised this issue.

I have not received an email advising of a fix to the problem. Have your received clarification on how to rectify this issue?

The game is still crashing in flash when going to full screen.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a Firefox bug.  It's fixed it in Firefox 60 and higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines