• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Does Not Work After Troubleshooting

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running IE 11 on Server 2012.  I turned off protected mode.  I disabled active x filtering.  I'm using an app that says I have to install Flash.  But if go to install it, the flash site says it is integrated in with Windows 8 and IE 11.  I'm using Server 2012 as I said. If I test flash it guides me to do the troubleshooting steps just mentioned. I disable active x filtering, I turn of protected mode.  I search for the shockwave object but it isn't there.  If I try to search for addon it isn't available.  Very strange.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Hi,

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE on Server 2012, but it's not readily available.  Desktop Experience needs to be enabled on the Server for Flash to be enabled.  See Desktop Experience Overview  for information on enabling Desktop Experience.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE on Server 2012, but it's not readily available.  Desktop Experience needs to be enabled on the Server for Flash to be enabled.  See Desktop Experience Overview  for information on enabling Desktop Experience.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  That did the trick.  I didn't use the link you sent though.  I used these steps:

Install Desktop Experience

To install Desktop Experience

1. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
  2. In Server Manager, click Features, and then in the Server Manager details pane, under Features Summary, click Add features.The Add Features Wizard starts.
  3. In the Features list, select Desktop Experience, and then click Install.

-Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I'm glad it's working for you now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines