Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Downloads; Not Installs

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing I seem to do to help my father in law is working

He has a windows 7; He was clearing out old/not used programs in his computer & uninstalled flash by accident. We got downloadthe problem is when we go to open the program it pops a window & asks what do we want to run/install it with ???

I've tried downloading & installing adobe reader - thinking it is to my knowledge {BUT I could be wrong} it's required to run other adobe products. Got the same problem. So at this point I'm getting frustrated

I tried thinking it must be a random error running it on IE as that's what browser he uses - nope. I am not really sure if maybe he doesn't have winrar and that's causing the issue though if the program is installed but won't open.. what the hell lol

Message was edited by: R, Hiebert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please download and install latest version of Flash Player from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be more useful to step back and talk about what exactly you're trying to accomplish.  Flash Player is a browser plug-in, not a standalone application.  Flash Player isn't something you can just run, but the installer itself should work.  If something specific is prompting you to install Flash Player (particularly if it's a desktop application), let's talk about what that is.

I think we're talking about the installer, and it's concerning that the operating system doesn't know what to do with it.  I'm thinking that you might have followed a link on a website that wasn't actually pointing to a real Flash Player download (i.e. you were tricked into downloading something malicious).  On the bright side, it sounds like you weren't able to run it, so that's probably a good thing.

You can download a legitimate copy of Flash Player from here:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

It probably wouldn't hurt to make sure you're running a reputable, up-to-day anti-virus/anti-malware package if you're not doing that already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines