• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Enabler in Chrome:

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my applications is trying to enable extra features in Chrome but has been unsuccessful so far. I have updated to the latest version of both Chrome and Flash to no avail. I have also enabled flash to run as an exception for the site the application references.

I am getting the below errors:

Clicking Yes leads to the below message

Clicking No means the application cannot run and the application become unresponsive.

Global Storage Settings have memory set to unlimited

Any ideas on what could be causing this issue? It seems to only affect Chrome/Opera versions of Flash.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would probably help to just back up and talk about what you were trying to accomplish in the first place.

Adobe Flash Enabler appears to hail from the early days of Flash Player support in Chrome.  I don't believe that it's relevant at this point.  The browsers have changed significantly, and security restrictions placed on Flash Player are not optional. 

My guess is that it's trying to invoke a sandbox exception in order to install the Adobe AIR shared runtime.

You can download and install that directly from here:

Adobe - Adobe AIR

That may be enough to get you unstuck.  If not, let's talk about what you're seeing in terms of error messages.  It's pretty likely that whatever the third-party developer had intended, it's not going to work as they designed it in (I'm guessing circa 2011).  I might be able to come up with a good workaround, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines