• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash End of life Issue with embedded device

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Flash Player in embedded device with simple web server for interface.

But it's small embedded linux device and we don't have online update system, and it's not easy to change interface system, because it's very old and discontined device.

I am planning to distribute own flash viewer as electron with DLL file "pepflashplayer32_32_0_0_303.dll".

https://electronjs.org/docs/tutorial/using-pepper-flash-plugin

Is it okay to distribute own viewer for our product?

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

I don't have a direct contact for them.  The link I provided has a 'Contact Us' option. Please use that to contact Harman for assistance.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has never been ok to distribute Flash Player without first obtaining a special distribution license. It is not clear to me that a license even exists for your usage case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also 

1. PepperFlash (Which is new to me) is not Adobe Flash Player. It might include Adobe technology. You need to establish the license and EOL status of PepperFlash, and this is not the place to find that out. 

2. Web pages state this is only allowed for Chromium based browsers. Google state that Flash will be blocked after 2020. 

3. You state it is a Linux system yet you refer to distributing a DLL rather than a .so file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not OK to distribute Flash Player without the appropriate distribution licesne.  Adobe doesn't license Flash Player for embedded devices, however, you can contact Adobe's partner, Harman, and inquire if they have a solution for your particular use case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for anwser.

Could you give me e-mail or number for contact point in Korea, or Global?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have a direct contact for them.  The link I provided has a 'Contact Us' option. Please use that to contact Harman for assistance.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines