• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash end of life

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the reasons to end the support for flash. for your users Adobe should provide a way to migrate their contents(learning) or apps to a new technology. please let me know if i am missing on this news.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.

Here's the EOL announcement from 2017 and accompanying background:

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Here's the consumer FAQ: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there were a way to migrate apps and contents, then it would have been done years ago, and Flash closed down. Apps and content need to be completely remade using a different technology. This cannot be automated, which is why developers were given over 3 years to do the work... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ST_Dee

Agree, that's why today it's very important to trust the technology authors to be able to share the sources for a long term development.

It's also unfortunately a major browser decision to remove their plugin API, so maybe you can just use alternative browsers like mypal, seamonkey or else.

@Test_Screen_Name

sometimes you have to understand and accept that the Flash app used cannot be migrated in another technology for various reason indepedent from your wish, like functions not existing in javascript or simply impossible to migrate (like NetGroup or Stage3D), or financially or time risk reason, or simply because the SWF sources are not available anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, but then i see no benefit in trusting Adobe's authoring tools as my expectation is they should provide some process or tool to support this migration. i have majority of the content in Adobe Presenter but i am also standing in the same line as others with any authoring tool. going with Adobe & their tools and applications should give us some way out...Adobe should chalk out some process of easy transformation at least for their own authoring tools like presenter or captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current versions of Presenter should allow you to export your projects to target native web technolgies (HTML5/JavaScript) instead of Flash Player, assuming you have the actual project files.  Presenter isn't exactly my wheelhouse, but the folks in the Presenter forums should be able to help you with the specifics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I got was a message saying end of life.  Thank you Adobe Flash for spoiling my fun.  Should have been a seemless transfer to a different product.  You have failed big time.  Now people all over the world hate your guts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

morality, never trust any kind of corporation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still working ok via Sea Monkey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I hate Adobe even more.  It seems that a piece of software called Complete Brain Workout has gone too.  My husband had a stroke, and has found this software very useful for helping his brain getting back to working again.  Most games are too complicated, or move to fast for him, but this one has been perfect.  It has also been good for  logging his progress and showing him that he is improving.  

So Adobe, I hope you are pleased with yourselves.  Because you know that somewhere in the world there are people you hate you.  What have you achieved by switching it off.  And how did you manage to get into our computers to switch it off?  Surely that is some kind of crime.  

Please switch it back on.  Or at least give it to someone who is prepared to maintain it,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found a work round.  I just changed the date on the computer.  

But I still hate Adobe.  Changing the date on the computer and then changing it back again will not be easy for my husband.  

There but for the grace of God go you Adobe management.  And a stroke can get you any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

Here's the EOL announcement from 2017 and accompanying background:

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Here's the consumer FAQ: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a correct answer it is just a standard company cop out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines