Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash End of Life

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to ask about the EOL, will I be able to play the flash files that I have on my laptop offline? Not on a web browser but the ones that I own on my computer offline.

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

It depends on your timescale.  You could grab the last version of the offline Flash Player, and that would work until it doesn't.  (e.g. you get an operating system update that breaks it.)

The way that people frequently deal with legacy software long-term is to take a snapshot of a working set of all the software required to make something run (the OS, the content, the offline Flash Player), and make a virtual machine out of it.  You're then depending on the underlying virtualization technolog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on your timescale.  You could grab the last version of the offline Flash Player, and that would work until it doesn't.  (e.g. you get an operating system update that breaks it.)

The way that people frequently deal with legacy software long-term is to take a snapshot of a working set of all the software required to make something run (the OS, the content, the offline Flash Player), and make a virtual machine out of it.  You're then depending on the underlying virtualization technology to stay abreast of any changes in the OS or hardware that might prevent the legacy software from running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey jeromiec83223024

I am super interested in this from your reply above: 

take a snapshot of a working set of all the software required to make something run (the OS, the content, the offline Flash Player), and make a virtual machine out of it.

I am trying to figure out the best way to go about this for our application.  Does Above have any guidance or best practices for this type of setup? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wath moves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines