• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash EOL Testing Need

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am testing the impact for the Flash EOL on a system I have;  how can I get the Flash version 9 r115 installer?

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

I believe Adobe recently closed down the old version archive in preparation for EOL. You can only get the current version (which is, of course, time bombed).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Adobe recently closed down the old version archive in preparation for EOL. You can only get the current version (which is, of course, time bombed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Test Screen Name,

I saw that the archive was shut down, I asked Adobe directly via Customer Support and they sent me here to ask. Makes it hard to test out impact of EOL when we cannot get the versions some of our older software is using to build a test machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer Support have a terrible habit of sending people here when they have said no, and people don't like the answer. It doesn't change the answer, but it gets you off the line... Not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we know which version or the method in which they have time bombed flash? Is it through a Windows patch or internal timer in flash install itself? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows patches come from Microsoft. No doubt they will do something at the end of the year, or before, and will remove the Flash Player used by Edge and Internet Explorer, and block the browsers from using any other. Also, Adobe have apparently added code to the plug-in they distribute. The details are not published, since after all at End Of Life there is zero commitment to anything at all. I suspect they feel taking all possible actions to stop people running the Adobe plug-in is the right thing to do, because many of them will not understand the very real risks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines