• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Error

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to access this video and play it at anytime.  However, now I cannot.  

I've tried solving it online and tried contacting the webmaster but to no avail.  Does anyone know how this can be fixed?  Is it something I can do on my end or am I SOL?

It's located at http://www.landandlibertyfoundation.org/personal-stories/jim-mcculley/ and a screenshot of the error is below. 

carriel80466725_0-1588233160620.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's something that perhaps the webmaster can fix. Neither you nor I can fix it. Did they reply?

But it's only for a short time. Then, at the end of this year, Flash Player goes away and this story goes with it, unless the site creator makes it again in a different tech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only the website administrator can fix this error.  This isn't a Flash error.  Error 403 Forbidden is a HTTP permissions error on the directory.  The Flash video is attempting to load content from a directory location it does not have permissions to do so.  You can perform an internet search for http error 403 and learn more about it.

Additionally, as Test_Screen_Name indicates, Flash is being end-of-lifed at the end of the year and will be blocked by the browsers.  If the web master wants to continue to provide this content they'll need to convert it to some other format.

<edited>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines