Flash file changed my computer

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the install file on my computer and it changed all the text on my computer to something I don't understand. I'm not even sure how to delete it because I can't read anything. It looks like this

tammy157F_0-1602669676000.png

When I go into the control panel it says its set to english. All of my icon text and file manager, everything has changed. How do I fix this? To be clear I did not install it just downloaded the file.

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020
Yeah, this is wild.  Flash didn't do this, and just downloading a file doesn't magically change the system.  Something obviously happened, but it's something low level that we would never have permission to touch in the first place.   First things first, when in doubt, reboot.  Actually power the machine down.  Give it ~30 seconds to let everything discharge.  Restart it.   If that doesn't work, I can't tell what operating system I'm looking at, but boot into the relevant recovery mode and check...

translate

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do anything else? I'm thinking, did you tidy up some fonts?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Official Flash Player installer would not have done this to your computer.  From where did you download the installer?

Did you download/install any other program around the same time?  Did you make any modifications to your system around the same time?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is wild.  Flash didn't do this, and just downloading a file doesn't magically change the system.  Something obviously happened, but it's something low level that we would never have permission to touch in the first place.

First things first, when in doubt, reboot.  Actually power the machine down.  Give it ~30 seconds to let everything discharge.  Restart it.

If that doesn't work, I can't tell what operating system I'm looking at, but boot into the relevant recovery mode and check the integrity of the disk and operating system.  Most modern operating systems have a non-destructive repair option.

To give you any useful advice beyond that, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser.  I'm happy to try and help (it's really weird and interesting), but we're way outside the scope of an actual Flash Player problem:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines